Prologue

In Hell's dark and dismal depths, where lost souls suffer in agony, the tale of Prince Stolas and Blitzo, the imp who stole his heart, unfolds.

Blizto had always been Stolas' person, who understood him, made him laugh, and made him feel things he shouldn't. They would eat, steal, fool around, and get drunk together, but most importantly, Blitz was always there to take care of Stolas. They'd tell each other stories, jokes, and memories of their past: they became so close so soon.

Blitz had hidden his true intentions with Stolas, but eventually, he confessed everything to him. Stolas was heartbroken, feeling betrayed and ashamed, but he decided to forgive Blitz because he believed he needed him in his life to be happy, joyful, and accessible.

Stolas did what Blitz wanted, whether engaging in intimate sessions or surrendering the book, which granted access to the mortal realm. It was fun at first because there was a thrill to these exchanges, fueled by Stolas's deep-seated affection for the imp. He yearned for Blitz to see him not just as a means to an end but as a partner worthy of love and devotion, transcending the superficial allure of their past encounters.

As the years passed, everything stayed the same. Stolas continued trying to please his crush; he dutifully surrendered the coveted book repeatedly, only to find himself once more used for Blitzo's fleeting desires. They go on excursions together because of Blitz's job, but nothing intimate happens. For Stolas, each shared moment felt hollow, squandering precious time and breath without genuine connection.

Stolas rested his entire body against the balcony railing, gazing at the crimson-red sky with tears rolling down his cheeks. He despised the cycle that consumed him; he loathed being used yet enjoyed it simultaneously. He desperately wanted to break free from the pattern he had been accustomed to, but he was afraid. He feared that no one would love him how he yearned to be loved.

Stolas took a deep breath, his hands trembling with anticipation. He couldn't shake off the nagging fear that he might never find true love. He started walking down the stairs, his coat hanging over his shoulder as he left the so-called "home" his father had given him for his wife and child. After walking, he stood at a crossroads, ready to embrace change. With unshakable determination, he promised to confront his inner demons, seek redemption, and find true love on the other side.

word count: 409  

🦉🤡