Prologue

X780

 X780

"I don't understand, how could a full grown dragon have up and disappeared." Asked a young teen as she was checking her surroundings. She has been living alone along the shoreline since July 7th, X777 North of Fiore. The girl had no family to go to or has interacted with any other person other than her adopted mother, and the only clothes she has on her person are the ones her mother was able to get for her before her disappearance. It's been years, and there's been no trace of her dragon mother, the last area that she was seen was in an underwater cave in the ocean where she's been raised in. Before the day of her disappearance, the girl realized that her mother was acting stranger than normal.

The cave acted more of a painful reminder of all the memories she made with her, so after months of hopefully waiting for her return, she up and left in hopes of finally finding her on the mainland. The girl knew little about the mainland other than the surrounding forest along the shore whenever Delta, her dragon mother, took her to train her the techniques of slayer magic. She has no knowledge of her biological parents, other than that they had died in some tragedy, and Delta had found her wandering around looking lost and traumatized.

After hours of walking around looking for any clues the teen started to build a campfire and shelter by the water in case any danger came by. "I still don't have any leads that would tell me where she went. I should start traveling south, into the southern shores." She was able to catch some fish to eat before messing around with her magic, then doing some exercises to work her body out to be able to handle the power of her magic.

The teen is still growing so there is a lot of importance in training as her power will also grow with her. By the time she was done training it was already dark out, so she went ahead and had gone to bed.

-----------------------

Waking up in the morning, the sound of the ocean was the first thing I heard before the feeling of the sun on my face forced me to actually open my eyes. The sand will always be a more comfortable. I am going to need to pack what little I have and create some smoked jerky from the fish, meaning that I need to go back to the cave...

I let out a silent sigh, before using the sand to cover up any trace of me being here. Once that was complete, I started to walk into the ocean water, letting it rise up to my waist before diving straight into it. I continue along, diving further in the water with ease, I am able to see and breath under the water well as my lungs are adapted to it. I was able to grab some fish along the way, and the further I went the more the entrance to the cave started to appear. It takes around a minute or two before I'm finally able to make it through the tunnel and into the cave. The cave had a pocket area that was big enough for a dragon to live in, and running oxygen went through it which allowed me to even breathe in it all throughout my years. The cave has a vast collection of jewels and weapons that Delta had a habit of collecting and stealing...

I grabbed a pack that looked big enough to carry all sorts of things with its different amount of pockets in it. I started to fill up a couple of them with the stuff, mostly in the most inner hidden ones, in case anything tries to steal it from me. I also built a big fire to be able to turn the fish I grabbed into smoked jerky, and I ate some that are cooked normally for breakfast. It takes an hour at most to finally finish getting ready, before heading back out...