File: Bow

———————————
A young woman wakes up to the sound of crying late at night. Despite the exhaustion, she quickly gets up, rubbing her head and checking to make sure her partner is sleeping. She looks at herself in the mirror.

'Wow, I look like a mess.' She thinks to herself, fixing up her drawer door, but shakes off that feeling to pursue the issue of the crying. She walks across the hallway, quietly knocking on the door in front of her.

"Cabby? Can I come in?" She asks.

"Yes..." an anxious voice answers. The Desk Drawer carefully opens the door, and looks around the bedroom, before looking at her daughter. She's shaking under her covers, tears flooding her cheeks.

"Oh, Cabby, what's wrong?" She walked over to the bed and sat down next to her.

"I..." the girl gulped and pulled the covers down to look at her mother. "I had a nightmare... where I was alone, and you and ma ran away..."

The Desk Drawer put her hand around her daughter. "Sweetheart, that's horrible. I'm so sorry you had that dream. Come here." She gently embraced the scared girl into her arms, gently rubbing her head. "I promise that me and ma will never let that happen to you, okay? We will always be here for you." The girl smiled and hugged her mother back,  feeling reassured that mom would always be there.

Always.

A l w ay s. .

———————————

There was a knock on the door. I jumped awake in shock and rubbed my eyes. I looked at my alarm. It was 4:13. Who was up this early? The knocking became more prominent.

"I'm coming! Hold on!" I pushed myself out of bed and rolled over to the door, opening it. At first, I didn't see anyone, so I looked down.

It was Bow.

"Heyyyyy good morning!" She smiled at me, but looked concerned. "Can I, like, talk to you in your room for a sec?" I nodded and let her walk inside, shutting the door behind her. She jumped up on my bed to get a bit closer to my face.

"Alright, jigs up, what's going on with you?" She asked immediately. I wasn't prepared for the sudden question, and froze out of shock. Bow tapped her foot in response. "Well?"

"I'm..." I started, I felt my throat dry up again. "It's... you wouldn't... it's nothing, really!"

Bow was not having it. "It's obviously something! You're always acting on edge, your arm is wrapped in a gazillion bandages, and—on top of that—Test Tube's around you a lot more all of the sudden! Like, really close! Uncomfortably close! Be honest with me!" She got closer to my face. "What's. Going. On?!"

I stared in shock, all that I could pull out of my memories of the past...—oh god how long has it been, a week?!—week or so was Bow's blueprints. I couldn't tell her that, she'd go into some sort of crises! But... if I told her about Yin-Yang and Candle...

I found myself trying to talk again. "Just.. bonding over the situation to keep ourselves safe..?"

Bow looked at me, dumbfounded. "That's the worse lie I've ever heard. What are you so scared to tell me and the others?!"