33|If I Can't Have You...

Vote, comment & enjoy!

Kaida 'Indigo' Aoki| 21

🗓️Wednesday, March 26th📍Mirae Corp

"Why as the head of your PR department am I just finding out through the media that you've called off your engagement?" Rachel asks walking into my office and I hold a finger up telling her to give me a minute.

"No problem Mr. Lee, I'll have my team fax the information over to you and I'm happy to hear you're liking the new features we've implemented" I say with a smile as I wrap up my call with the chairman for Samsung Galaxy.

"Most definitely and have a good day yourself" I end the call then give my attention to Rachel, "What are you talking about?" I question and she pulls her phone out to show me what's been circulating.

'Is the CEO of Mirae Corp back on the market? The 21-year-old CEO who recently announced she was getting married to her boyfriend of two years, Choi Amici, has now called her engagement off' I read the title of the article and sigh heavily. 

"It hasn't even been a week since we broke up and I haven't spoken to anyone about it, I have no idea how they even found out" I explained with a shrug while handing her phone back to her.

"Well the story circulating is there was cheating involved and it's not looking pretty for us after having to do damage control for what happened in New Jersey the other day" she tells me but for some reason, I really and truly didn't care.

"Are the stocks being affected by any of this?" I ask and she shakes her head, "Then I don't care, you're the head of PR for a reason. Are you trying to tell me you're incapable of doing your job?" I ask and she quickly shakes her head.

"No ma'am, I just wanted you to—"

"Rachel I believe I pay you a very generous salary for stuff like this to not reach my ear and it's been doing so a lot lately, should I be looking into getting a new head of PR?" I ask and she frowns.

I know I'm probably being too harsh on her but I have bigger things to worry about right now and had no time for this, "I'll get on it right away" she says and I nod dismissing her.

Entering as she exits, Adella, my interim assistant who was filling in for Mel who was currently on vacation walks in, "Your uncle is here to see you" she announces and I look up at her confused.

"Why?" I questioned and she shrugged as he sauntered in, "Darling, could you give us a minute" he spoke softly to her and I nodded telling her it was okay before she turned to leave.

The minute the door closes behind her, he starts, "Why am I getting phone calls from Nami that you called off your engagement and are refusing to answer any of Amici's calls or texts?" he questions and I hissed my teeth.