Chapter 13: The Town of Flowers (3)

Izuchi's purple eyes blinked twice. Her hair recoiled backwards as if hit by the wind's whiplash, her lips opened for a whisper. "Stealing?!"

The reply came in kind. "How else do you expect us to make some quick cash?"

People, few and far between, walked the stoney streets of the town. Yet it remained quiet enough where every word spoken in the street could be heard if one was paying attention.

"Oh, I don't know- Maybe working for it, you moron?!" The fire-haired girl's reply was somehow both loud, but subdued, perhaps not unlike sunlight on a summer morning.

Only a taste, in case Taccilas wasn't careful.

"Working takes time, and it might not get us bang for our buck, but my plan is quick."

"It's wrong and you could get us in trouble!"

"Listen, I don't know how things worked in your Ae-lliree-nay-"

"Illeryna!"

"Yeah, that, whatever, where I come from, this is the best and easiest way to get what you want."

"I don't think that's a good idea here."

"Why not?"

"You could get us in big trouble! You could get Mitali in trouble!"

"That'll only happen if we get caught."

"Yeah? And what will you do if you get caught, huh? For fuck's sake, think before you act." Izuchi's hands were back at her waist.

"I do think! I've been thinking! See that building over there? Yeah, that one. One of the windows facing the alley is open, it looks like it leads to an office room or something" Taccilas sneakily gestured to a two-floor copper-colored brick building, Izuchi observed it as he spoke.

"That window is on the second floor, how exactly are you gonna get there?"

"We'll figure something out."

Silence struck between them, Izuchi at her wit's end. "...Do as you wish, I don't care anymore. But enough with that we nonsense, you're on your own. If you get caught, it's your and Mitali's problem."

"Watch me, I'll come back with soooooo much coin that you'll wish you had come with me!" And so Taccilas walked off, although he did so in the opposite direction to the building they were referencing, trying to avoid detection by being so obvious with his approach.

"Break a leg." Scoffed Izuchi, her weight now resting against the walls of the white building.

The princess turned her hollow purple gaze on the copper-colored building. Many ornate windows lined the front wall of the establishment, a similarly ornate wooden frame surrounded the double doors that led into it. Frame that at the top took shape like a bee with fins for wings.

There was also a name written in bright white.

The Sea Bee.

With long strides, Izuchi took off towards the establishment.

A man stood behind a bar counter, one made of a stone colored like caramel. Once, he had seen a child try to eat his counter due to its color, but unsurprisingly his daring endeavor failed.

The man was using a wet, white towel to wipe the counter until shine came off of it. Currently, there was nothing on it, but during work hours, there would be a number of bottles, plates, charms, and blessings placed on top of it.

Shelves upon shelves were behind him, the space between them and the counter enough for even his bulky frame to fit. The shelves themselves boasted a variety of bottles, jars, and tools to their wooden name, though the man wished to fill out the little space left at each end.