Chapter 7

A few months had passed since Wednesday's confession, it could be said that things were working perfectly so far; she had been reciprocated, the voices in her head had been silenced as well as that annoying feeling that pressed her chest looking to get out, she had managed to resume her writing and she had no doubt that her choice of partner had been totally right; Enid had been understanding and cautious with the demonstrations of affection, especially in public, always putting the goth's times before her own desires.

They had talked a lot about how things were going to be now that their labels had changed from friends to girlfriends, Enid wanted to make sure not to make any mistake that would end up making the raven uncomfortable and was very meticulous in every detail regarding intimacy, Wednesday had acknowledged not feeling ready for the next step so the blonde accepted the limit without question and apologized for having gone too far that night where their lips made contact for the first time.

Since then, what they had talked about had been fulfilled to the letter, their encounters had been almost chaste, full of love and romanticism but as soon as things began to take a passionate tinge Enid took distance and proposed a different activity, the thing was that what in the beginning was more than fine for the brunette, lately it was not enough and was becoming somewhat frustrating. What they were doing was leaving her wanting more and she knew it by the way the tingling in her loins had turned into a violent hornet's nest that constantly drove her to think about Enid and that night when the lycanthrope's body was on top of hers, about her heaving breaths, about the way she shuddered when the she-wolf's fingers had slipped under the fabric of her shirt and especially how she would have felt had she granted the blonde permission to go further.

She was hungry somehow but found it unseemly to admit her obscene thoughts. However her needs for closeness with Enid had managed to become moderately bearable, or at least it had until only a couple of hours ago. When the lycanthrope sported her new look for Yoko's birthday party.

"So, how do I look?" asked the blonde. Wednesday shook her head slightly, almost uninterested but noticing her girlfriend all in black she couldn't help but turn around and look at her with an expression the blonde was unfamiliar with.

Enid had replaced her colorful sneakers for dark boots, her classic skirts for a short black skirt with a print of small moons and a matching crop top with a shirt collar that exposed her flat navel; her lips were painted black and she was also wearing a hat that gave an elegant tinge to her whole outfit. Wednesday was simply speechless, the heat that grew in her abdomen seemed to have reached her face, covering her pale complexion with a reddish hue.

"Do I look too bad?" Enid questioned the gothic woman who was still motionless, so she only answered by shaking her head while her heart pounded hard in her chest.

"You're in black" was all she managed to say after a long silence.

"Don't you like it?" asked the blonde, feeling insecure about Wednesday's strange reaction.

"On the contrary" said the raven, noticing that her lack of response generated uncertainty in her girlfriend, "you are... you look... you look beautiful. I mean, you're beautiful, always, but you look stunning tonight," she clarified nervously, unable to take her eyes off the blonde who returned a warm smile.

"You are beautiful Wends" whispered the she-wolf as she was coming over to leave a warm kiss on the girl's lips and then retreated back to the mirror.

"What's the reason for the change in appearance?"

"Wends, I told you about the AHS themed party" the lycanthrope replied as she lined her eyes.

"I'm not getting it"

"American Horror Story; Yoko is obsessed and told us we should wear an outfit that references the show so I chose the Coven season... it's the one that most closely resembles your style, that way we'll have twins outfits without you having to wear something that makes you uncomfortable"