Epilogue - Later that year

"The last one to the gate has to do the first laundry!" Jaskier shouted, clenching his lute and taking off in a crazy sprint across the snow right to the gates, laughing as Geralt cursed, clucking his tongue at Roach, who had just enough of their bullshit and didn't want to run when she had to carry their stuff all the way up the mountain.

"Fuck you, that's not fair!" Geralt shouted after him, but there was no way to hide the amusement from his voice, as he watched his werewolf boyfriend run right past the gates of the keep full of witchers.

"Fair is for losers darling- Puppy!" there was another warcry as Lambert descended upon the bard, engulfing him in a full-on witcher hug, and the bard laughed, letting his hair be all messed up, attaching himself to his packmate, and soon after stretching towards the rest, as the witchers came to greet them. That's when both Geralt and Roach finally reached the gates too, and they stood there, watching. The mare snorted, waiting for someone to finally take her inside, while the witcher watched on with a fond smile on his lips.

Then a scarred hand reached out from the group hug and pulled him inside, and for the first time in three seasons, he could take a lungful of that glorious pack smell. Jaskier turned to him, his cheeks cold, his smile wide, as they were welcomed home.

They were the furthest from being alone they ever were.