His Story

It's 7 o clock and Mike has just fallen asleep, and dinners just about done, and I hear a knock on the front door, I take a deep Breath and open it to reveal Niki in a suit with a gentle smile on his face.

I had gone with a simple dress that complimented my figure, it was rather modest but still provided enough skin to show without being too much.

Niki looked me up and down and said "Miss Hunt, you look absolutely gorgeous, can I come in?" I opened the door wider and lead the way to the dining room as I said "Thank you Mr Lauda, I must say you clean up quite nicely compared to other racing drivers I've met over the years"

We sat at the table until the food was ready, I went to the kitchen and yelled through to the dining room "hope you like shepherd pie"

I carried it through and Niki thanked me quietly as I moved to sit opposite him as he spoke up "this is delicious Y/n, did you make this all by yourself?" I nodded my head as I ate and then started light conversation with Niki as we continued our meal.

And then out of curiosity I decided to ask about how he started racing and what he plans to do next "So Niki, how does a Austrian from a heavily business based family end up as a racing driver?"

He pause for a moment and said "well my grand father was a business man and so was my father. So when they heard I wanted to race cars for a living, they had a few things to say. They refused to support me financially, so I told them that I didn't need their money and that they would regret it when I become world champion."

I looked at him with a knowing look and said "I understand. How did you manage without their help?" He smiled and said "If my family wasn't going to help me, I decided to risk everything and take a loan myself."

I looked at him confused and asked "and what are you gonna do with that money? You haven't got the right things to make a company."

That's when he set his drink down and said "I have a plan, I will find a formula 1 team with a ok car and a owner who has run out of money that will be willing to accept my terms."

I gave him a astonished look and said "that's absolutely brilliant, why don't more people do that? I mean that's a perfect way into formula 1 and actually adapt the car so that it's the best thing on the track. Absolute genius."

He just smirked at me and then continued to talk until we had finished our meal, Niki then helped my clear the table and do the dishes, I then checked up on Mike and then went out onto the balcony for some fresh air.

Niki lent against the railing with me as we continued to talk about family life, work, even what we want to change about our lives in the next few years.

It was getting late after that and Niki had a big day meeting with different Formula 1 teams tomorrow and I had another shift in the cafe and had Babysitting the neighbours kids in the evening so I walked him to the door and asked that he called when he finally found a formula 1 team who would accept the terms.

Niki then leaned against the door frame as he gently put his arms around my waist in a light hug before pulling away slightly and saying "Goodnight Y/n, I will call as soon as I have news"

I just nodded and lean up to place a gently kiss to his lips and said "Goodnight Niki, good luck tomorrow" to which he replied "I'll have it sorted by the end of the month with your luck" before walking away down the corridor.

3 weeks later

It was getting late and I had yet to hear back from Niki today, he's called every night for the last 3 weeks keeping me updated, the kids were playing in Mike's room while I made dinner, and the radio was on in the background going on about the award James had just won for being the best driver in formula 3.

And just as I began to yell for the kids to come and get their dinner the phone rang "Hello?"  And on the other end was no other than "Y/n it's Niki, I have news, I've been signed with BRM."

As they began to eat their dinner I lent against the wall next to the phone as I talked with Niki "Really? That's wonderful Niki, I'm so proud" he chuckled lightly from the other side of the phone as he said "I told you your luck would get me signed"

I just chuckled lightly as I rolled my eyes, Mike then asked "Mommy is that Niki?" I nodded lightly as I tried to listen to Niki go through the terms he had arranged with BRM, Mike then jamp out of his chair saying "Mommy, I want to talk to Niki, can I? Please?"

I sighed and then spoke into the phone "Sorry Niki, Mike wants to talk to you again" he stopped for a moment and said "of course, put him on" Mike then held the phone up to his small ear as he spoke "Niki, are you racing soon? Can I come watch? Mommy says your racing formula 1, can I come?"

There was silence for a while and then Mike started to jump up and down while thanking Niki over and over again before handing the phone to me saying "Niki wants to talk to you"

I smiled and thanked Mike before talking into the phone "Niki?" He replied "ah Y/n are you alright with bringing Mike with you to the race? Is that okay with you?" I smiled and said "we wouldn't miss it for the world, I have to go, make sure you drive safe"

Niki sighed and said "I will my dear, and you should come down to BRM and come to see the car, and bring Mike I am sure he will love it"

I looked back at Mike and then thought about it "I don't know Niki, I don't think I can get more time off work" I could hear him sigh slightly before saying "Then leave, you don't need to work 3 jobs anymore, I'll help out with Mike and we can live at mine or yours, it's up to you"

I sighed for a moment and then said "Niki I've known you for about a 6month I don't think Mike is ready for that yet, but I would love to accept, maybe in a few months time"

Niki sighed from the other side of the phone and said "I understand completely, you will still come to the race? And our date on Thursday?" I smiled and said "Yes, we'll be there, and I can't wait for Thursday, good night Niki, I'll see tomorrow" then hung up the phone.

I then sat with the kids for dinner and went through the racing calender to see if we would be able to make it to the race.

And luckily it was on the weekend when I didn't work, So I got our bags packed once the kids were asleep and then went to bed reading through the paper as I sat in bed before slowly falling asleep.