The World Championship

Niki put his helmet on and then walked with me and Mike to his car, as he walked through the cars everyone stared as us, but I didn't care, I just had one hand on Lukas and one hand holding Niki's.

Once we got to his car I kissed his helmet and he gave Mike a high five and I held Lukas's hand up to do the same, Niki then looked back at me and I said "good luck sweetheart, do your best" and then gave him 1 last kiss before taking Mike's hand and making our way back to the pit.

There I put Headphones over Lukas's ears to stop them from getting hurt and then stood with Mike at the edge of the pit waiting for them to start their first lap. Niki looked over to us and I blew him a kiss and made Lukas wave at him.

I heald my breath as they started to fly down the track, and once I couldn't see him I went over to the TV and watched the race as the commentator said "The returning Niki Lauda seems overwhelmed. He's being overtaken by car after car."

Sigh and mutter "come on Niki get your head in the game, you've got this sweetie" and wince slightly as I hear "Lauda's offline. He runs wide onto the grass. He wrestles it back onto the track, but that was a bad moment for Niki." Pete came over and put his arm around my shoulder wispering "He'll  be okay, he'll get his head cleared soon"

I just nodded and watched the screen, Niki Lauda's the reigning world champion, but maybe in his current state he's a danger out there, to himself and to the rest of the field." I just shook my head saying "No, he's got this, come on Niki get your head back in the game, you can still win this"

And then suddenly "And Stuck has collided with Mario Andretti's Lotus! Niki's boxed in. He's got nowhere to go. Niki has made it through now making a move. He's on Brambilla's tail. He pulls out of the splitstream to overtake. Lauda's starting to find the form that, early in this race, we believed he'd lost."

I just shook my head with a smile saying "never, Niki is whole in that car, he could never lose that" as the commentator continued "Lauda's now lapping faster than Reutemann and closing the gap ahead. Lauda closing on Carlos Reutemann, the man called into be his replacement in the Ferrari team."

Niki then drove past the pit and kept going as he over tool Reutemann, Mike started to jump with excitement while Lukas opened his eyes and smiled at us.

And then "and there's James Hunt's McLaren, smoking stationary by the side of the road. This is bad news for Hunt's championship hopes. It's Ronnie Peterson who comes home the winner here at Monza. But all eyes are on the mam who finished a brilliant fourth, Niki Lauda."

I quickly hug Pete and Mike and then wake my way to the edge of the pit as a wave of fans come running across the track to get to Niki as he pulls in, and they pick him up out of the car and lift him in the air as the TV presenter continues "What a race, what a man, what a season. With a fourth-place finish and three priceless points, it means that Niki Lauda is a major step closer to retaining the World Championship."

As they held him up he put his hand out taword me and I blew him a kiss with a hug smile on my face. Once he was put down he instantly made his way to me and pulled me in for a deep kiss, resting a hand on my neck and the other on Lukas between us.

The fans all cheers and when we pulled away Mike ran over and Niki picked him up and put him on his shoulder, patting Mike's knee as he walked with us back to his trailer.

The last race of the World Championship was next in Japan, Niki had woken earlier then usual and climbed out of bed, I then turn and sit up watching as he opened the blinds and looked out the window, I rubbed my eyes and say "Niki, you okay? What's wrong? Is it your head?"

Niki just shook his head and says "it's raining, a lot" I climb out of bed and make my way over to him, putting my arms around his waist and kissing his shoulder before resting my head on it and said "We'll just have to wait and see what the track is like, perhaps it will clear up"