i. daddy's boy

chapter one — daddy's boy

By the time Sam, Dean and Honey had arrived at a gas station and she had really woken up, she had realised how truly tired she was of her favourite bands and it was all because of Dean and his stupid radio

By the time Sam, Dean and Honey had arrived at a gas station and she had really woken up, she had realised how truly tired she was of her favourite bands and it was all because of Dean and his stupid radio. She had realised in her sleep — all because she had dreamt of Dean — that she still very much wanted to put his hair on fire and pop out his beautiful green eyes.

But that wasn't a thing she actually could do.

So instead she sat glowering in the backseat, an irritated frown on her face as she skimmed through the notes Dean had taken on the case they were looking into. Sam was sat innocently in the front seat with Dean's cassette collection in his lap which he was looking through in amusement of his brothers taste.

"You two are so much alike, it's scary." Sam chuckled, stopping as soon as he got a file paper thrown at his head from the girl in the back.

"We are not alike, he's an ass, and i just have a great ass." She said, rolling her eyes while Sam let out an amused laugh at her.

"Whatever you say." He sang, making her stink eye him from the back before immediately looking down at the case again as she heard Dean coming closer to the car.

"Hey, you want breakfast?" Dean asked Sam, nodding carefully towards the girl in the back for Sam to ask her for him.

"No thanks, Honey, you want anything?" Sam asked her with a sigh, already over their dramatic tension.

"A snickers and a snapple." She said, making Dean look down at his hands in victory as he realised she still ate the same things as she did when she was younger. He passed the things through her window and all he got in response was a soft thanks, which was a lot more than he had expected.

"So, how'd you pay for that stuff? You and Dad still running credit-card scams?" Sam asked, making Honey smack his arm from the backseat with her eyebrows furrowed.

"Dude, don't say that shit out loud." She said, making him smile with a shake of his head.

"Yeah, well, hunting ain't exactly a pro-ball career. Besides, all we do is apply, it's not our fault they send us the cards." Dean explained, making Honey roll her eyes at him.

"That's so not how it works." She muttered, opening her snickers in satisfaction.

"Yeah, and what names did you write on the application this time?" Sam asked amused, sitting correctly in the seat and closing his door as Dean walked around the car.

"Uh — Burt Aframian and his son Hector. Scored two cards out of the deal." Dean smiled, sitting down in the car too.

"Sounds about right." Sam nodded, amusement still dancing over his face as he realised his family was still as dysfunctional as it had been when he left.