Chapter 2

I follow the Pines through the forest until we get to a cliff that has a beautiful view of a waterfall.
"This is so nice!" I say my eyes sparking with amazement
"This is the nicest spot in Gravity Falls," Dipper says beside me
"It's breathtaking,"
Mable walks up beside me,
"Where's your tent?" She asks
"Oh, I was going to make one out of sticks,"
"What?" They both said in unison with a bit of shock
"What?" I ask
"Um, Al?" Dipper starts "You didn't have a camping spot, a tent, and it looks like you have little supplies on you...did you have any plan at all for when you got here?"
I take a deep breath and let out a sigh.
"To be honest, no. I came here for my dad who couldn't make it. We usually make a tent and it works, but...heh I guess a tent out of sticks is weird," I say looking at my feet.
"What about if it rains?" Mabel asks
"Then we usually go to at motel hahaha,...but...I'm kinda not prepared for that either,"
I see Mabel and Dipper exchange looks before looking back at me with smiles on their faces.
"Why don't you come stay with us?" Mabel asks excitedly
"What?!" I ask in shock
"Yeah!" Dipper says "You can stay with us in our room!"
"I-I don't know,"
"Oh come on! It'll be fun!" Mabel says
I look over to Dipper who was giving me a heartwarming smile. It's hard to say no to faces like that, but the choice is really up to Stan and I don't think he'd like it if I stayed.
"I'm sorry, but I can't," I say "I don't want to bother your..uh..grunkle? Yeah, but thank you for the kind offer!"
"Oh Grunkle Stan wouldn't mind!" Mabel says
"I don't know...,"
"Oh come on!" Dipper says while Mabel takes my hand and pulls me down the cliff towards the Mystery Shack.
We walked inside and saw Stan counting cash.
"Oh Grunkle Staaan~" Mabel says in a singing voice "Guess who our new roommate is,"
Mabel pulled me out from behind her.
"You again? I thought I got rid of ya," Stan says
"Stan don't be rude she's living with us now!" Mabel says with a smile
"No," Stan says
Mabel smile fades, "What?" She asks
"I said no," Stan frowned
It started to rain hard outside. There's no way I could camp now. I thought of a way to make Stan say yes.
"What if I work here?" I say
"What?" Stan raised his brow
"I'll work here for free and I'll even cook and clean for you. All you have to do is let me live here for the summer,"
"That's all?"
"That's all,"
"Well ok then! Eh what was your name again?"
"Alice Parker. You can just call me Al,"
"Heh heh alright Al! You start tomorrow!" Stan says before walking away to watch t.v.
I honestly didn't mind working here and doing the housework and if I get to live here for the summer who cares? I just hope dad will be alright. You came here for dad Al. Now is the time to start having fun!

....for dad.