Chapter 6: She's that Girl

Chapter 6: She's that girl

"People can go from people you know to people you don't."

-Selena Gomez (People you know)

Yeah, it's not just me, but like, all of us out here have peeps we used to vibe with, used to be tight with, but then they just turn into total strangers. It sucks, man. We build up all these sick memories just to end up back at square one, but this time, with just memories. That's life though, right? Only the real ones stick around, and the rest are just lessons learned. I wish I could keep the important ones close, but I gotta let 'em go and find their own path to something better.

I'm decent at cutting people off, but when it comes to him, it took me years to pull the plug. It's just damn hard to let love go. People always say, 'If you love them, let 'em go,' easy to say but it really takes a ton of convincing to finally pull the trigger. Anyway, enough of that... Some people will leave, but I trust God will replace them. I hope this time, they'll stick around.

So, after chilling at Pieces and Peace all afternoon, I head home and, well, it's time to whip up dinner again. I raid the cabinets, but nada. Bummer. Should've thought about buying groceries before going home. I rarely check my stash, so who knows if it's time for another grocery run. I ain't a pro in the kitchen; I don't even know how to cook, but I swore I'd learn. Most girls post-breakup wanna bake, but not me. Nah, too girly for me. Just wanna learn how to cook, so next time I'm down, I'll whip up my go-to comfort eats – which reminds me, haven't touched McDonald's in ages. Used to be my favorite. The ex and I'd roll there when stressed, sad, or celebrating. That was our favorite go-to place, our comfort food. Until he starts taking his side chick there, calling it cheap. Different branch, same betrayal. McDonald's doesn't taste the same after that. How could he ruin my fave place, my comfort food? Ain't just about the food, he knows that was OUR spot, and he fucked it up.

Anyway, I'm not really in the mood to eat anything, so I'll just have noodles tonight. Well, not to be boastful, but I'm good at instant noodles. Lol. It's the only food I can cook well. No wonder he cheated on me. Lol Well, I guess love is just not enough these days.

While watching "Wizards of Waverly Place" – oh, I'm totally hooked on this. It's like my go-to comfort show. I keep binge-watching it, even though I've seen every episode a million times. But it chills me out. Yeah, I know it's kinda lame, but it's like my security blanket. I already know every twist and turn, so there's no stress. I've got enough on my plate already. So, back to the story – while I'm glued to the screen and munching on my noodles, I spot someone slipping a note under my door. So, I haul myself up to check it out. I'm curious, right? Lo and behold, it's a freakin' birth certificate! Had me cracking up. That neighbor of mine is off the rails, I tell ya.

"Justin Matthew. So, Matthew's his last name, not his second name, huh?" He's really out there and kinda cute. Hold up. I stop grinning. We just hung out with him this afternoon, he gave us a ride and all. Are we catching feelings for him? Hell no, he's just making you smile. Don't get too invested too quickly. It's just been a while since you've felt this way, that's all. Enough.

While walking back to the couch, my phone rings, and it's one of my high school friends, so I pick it up. It's been a while since the last time I heard from them. Well, I actually shut down all my social media accounts. So, what's the update now?

"Hey, what's up? I'm surprised," I said.

"Oh, you're not on Facebook, so I figured I'd give you a call," said Daisy.

"Oh, what's going on?"

"We're chatting in the group about hanging this weekend. You down?"

"Ah, I can't. Got a bunch of stuff starting Tuesday. Need some me time for two weeks."