17 Bold and Brazen

They sat in comfortable silence. Komand'r's starbolts could only light up so much, and she couldn't see what's beyond her arm's reach. She leaned back into the throne so her limbs stopped throbbing. If any Tamaraneans barged in, they wouldn't be able to see her.

Because the girl couldn't see her company, she spoke into the darkness, "I heard something creak. Twice."

"Is that so ?" Tozzat's eyes glimmered, "Looks like I have to be careful then." A whoosh, and he was gone.

She felt her hair swept over her shoulder. Komand'r kept still, knowing she could easily throw him across the room. And yet her instincts were at peace. She felt a pair of hands rest on the back of her neck.

"Tozzat ?" She whispered, "What are you-"

"Shhhh," Tozzat's lips brushed the shell of her ear, "close your eyes, your majesty."

"Why?" Komand'r hesitated. Her gorget fell off with a clank, and a cool breeze hit her bare skin.

Tozzat's fingers grazed her collarbone before his hands drifted elsewhere. The girl felt every squeeze he made as he kneaded the spot where her neck met her shoulders. Komand'r shut her eyes when her nine stomachs fluttered. The world was strangely warm and fuzzy.

"Mmmmmm," she sensed his fingers travel up the column of her throat until they reached her chin, the thumb he brushed over her lips. She fought a shiver. Never in her life had Komand'r wanted to attack a boy on his mouth this badly. It was a strange urge. Then his hands were gone, and so was the warmth.

"Tozzat ?" Komand'r's hair whipped as she tried to get ahold of him, "Where are you ?"

"You don't like being touched," Tozzat's voice said. Her cheeks heated.

"No, I-I like ..." the girl stammered -stammered- then caught herself, "that's it ?" She stood up and walked down the stairs to where she thought he was, "Get back here !"

"Now you see me," Tozzat's fists emitted green light, "now you don't." His starbolts extinguished. Komand'r flew to where he stood, her own starbolts lighting up. Except he vanished. In the dim, she scanned all around herself. She felt a slice of wind followed by his hand on her waist. When she glanced in that direction, he wasn't there. Neither was his sensual touch.

Komand'r still couldn't see him even when her purple starbolts grew brighter. She felt a soft touch on the tip of her nose, "Hey!" She found her lips were pulled into a smile.

 She felt a soft touch on the tip of her nose, "Hey!" She found her lips were pulled into a smile

By the time Komand'r reached upwards, he was gone again. The girl put out her light and dashed to another spot. This time, a soft green glow lit up near the centre of the room.

Komand'r flew towards it while she held her breath, one leg bent at the knee. Oh, she was going to get him right in the-

Tozzat's hand was on her head. She swung her leg and met air instead. Komand'r felt him playfully tousle her hair. She lightly punched him and he shoved back before they tussled back and forth.

She tackled him until they were both on the floor and out of breath. It didn't take him long to stroke her hair, just as it didn't take much for her to let him. Komand'r saw the mischievous glint in his eyes and wondered what it would be like to fool around with him everyday. She felt strange, considering she didn't know him well.

She wrapped his long red mane around her fist to pull his head back. Tozzat's face tilted upwards and his neck was exposed. She could see the bulge in his neck move up and down when he swallowed. Was he... nervous ? Komand'r could hear commotion outside the palace - a bunch of voices overlapping one another. It was the eclipse viewers. She immediately let go of him. She realised her hands had been glowing for a while.

Clink. Her gorget was around her neck before she could blink. Tozzat had slipped it back on, his cheeks flushed.

"Well, that was fun," the girl played it cool, "I don't mind if you want to have another round someday."

"C'mon, Komi," he got up, extended an arm to the girl, "the eclipse is over." She grabbed his hand and found herself in his arms, "What did you just call me ?"

"Komi." The last person who called her that was... was...

"You're not like everyone else," Komand'r slowly, slowly encircled his waist, "what do you want from me ?"

"I was chosen to aid the princess," he gently brushed her bangs off her forehead.

"I know !" Komand'r pushed against his chest until he let go, "Why have you been so nice to me ? Why do you speak like me ?" She was sick of people singing praises about her perfect sister.

"You haven't realised-"

Komand'r couldn't keep it in anymore, "What on Tamaran do you want ?" She could hear her heart thundering over the storm in her head.

"Your mother wanted me to watch over YOU!' Tozzat's voice rose in pitch.

Her voice was quiet, "She sold me to a slime monster, Tozzat." She crossed her arms in a cold manner, "Forgive me if I find this hard to believe."

"I could be trusted," his green eyes flashed, "in more ways than one."

"And what do you get out of this arrangement with my mother ?" The empress narrowed her eyes, "An arranged marriage to some noble ?"

"I get to hang around a princess who knows what she wants," Tozzat winked and bowed at the waist.

Komand'r rolled her eyes before letting the 'princess' compliment slide, "You're not plotting to bring either one of my siblings on the throne, are you ?" His bright red mane swished as he shook his head.

"It's settled then," she put both fists on her hips. "I want you to tell everyone to rebuild what they can. Homes, weapons, defences. We need to recover from war." Tozzat's feet lifted off the ground.

"And Tozzat ?" Komand'r issued an afterthought, "Tell no one what happened. And don't call me Komi in front of anyone. Come find me when you're done."

"Will you be alright ?" He floated by the threshold, unsure of whether to console her or to get going.

"I've never been asked that question before," the empress shooed him. Shortly after, she went to host an urgent meeting with her parent's trusted advisors.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Howdy, readers 😃 ! Thank you for your patience and support 😊 Feel free to hit that  ⭐ or leave a comment ! 

Toodaloo ~ (っ◔◡◔)っ ❤

29/3/24