I am home

"Can you ....can you not go"

She finally mustered some courage and asked, casting down her eyes. He was startled and looked back at her. Of course, he couldn't leave her in this state. He sat back beside her and then held her arms.

" Don't want me to go then?"

He asked in an affectionate voice. Lian nodded, her head still casting down her gaze.

"Then I'll make a call and deliver the medicine here."

Just as he promised,he called the nearest  pharmacy and got delivered the medicine to the doorstep. Next, he gently applied the cream and aided her ,himself. This time, she didn't refuse his help.

"He....he... grabbed me from behind."

She suddenly muttered out from no where. Zihan stopped what he was doing and looked at her with wide eyes. She was finally opening up. Anyhow, she diverted her gaze before  continuing.

"In that secluded area, no one was there. I struggled and ran from him."

Her words were not quite organised at first, but Zihan could understand what she meant.

"Did you see his face?" He asked . He could already anger was building up within.

She nodded her head in a no.

"I didn't  see him clearly. He was a stranger to me"

Then another question from him.

"Did he hurt you?"

She went silent for a second. Making zihan more agitated.

"He ...He didn't get a chance
He .....he tried to ......come to me,but"

She used the most civilised words to express what she went through

Then, a sudden hug from him

"I am glad you were not hurt," He said reassuringly.

Just before the hug became awkward, he received a call. He broke the hug,stood up ,strolled away from her, and answered it. Lian went on studying her wounds in his absence. 

Her ankles had reddened with blisters as well. When she raised her head, Zihan was in front of her standing tall. He had hung off his call.

"Lian ! I am gonna stay here tonight 💣 💣 💣 "

She bewildered hearing that. Seeing her reaction, he gave her a little chuckle.

"Lian. I wanna make sure that you are safe. That's why I am doing this. Do you have any objections?"

Lian didn't get a chance to say anything.

"Even if you are gonna object, I am gonna stay here tonight."

She knew there was of no use arguing, and deep down, she did like the idea.

He had already ordered some pizza ,so she didn't have to worry about the dinner, but something else.

"Mmm... let me... make the bed for you."

Lian awkwardly uttered, cleaning the dining table.

"I will lie here on the couch "
An answer came flying.

"No, you can use my bed. I will sleep on the couch instead. "

For that, he made a face at her.

"Really! Do you want to make me the bad guy that badly. You are hurt. You should stay in bed."

Saying so he sat on the couch. Then he removed his blazer and neck tie. Next he unbuttoned the first two buttons and laid on the couch, which was quite small for him. His long legs were hanging off from the edge.

Little later, she brought a pillow and a blanket and keep them on the round table in front of him and went inside, locking the door behind.

She was indeed thankful for him. She felt safe. Due to the painkillers, she drifted into a slumber in no time.

Next morning,she woke up to her usual alarm,which she forgot to turn off. It was 6.30 a.m. in the morning. She woke up and remembered he was still at her place. She could no longer sleep. So she peeked out from her bedroom door just to see he was fast asleep wrapping around the blanket she gave him last night.

She felt touched. He was uncomfortably liying there while he could have been more comfortable at home,be half of her.

She sneaked out from her room, not making a sound towards the kitchen. She needed to treat him with breakfast,and she feared nothing would be at home.

But thankfully, there were  some slices of bread,  three eggs, and Jam.

"This would do." She muttered herself.

She toasted the bread, made three Sunnny side ups and laid the table for two. She didn't forget the jam too.

"You must have slept poorly"
She began with a start at the dining table.

"Nope, I soundly slept after a long time. Though it wasn't very comfortable I did sleep well."

He meant his words though she didn't buy them.

Then seeing the breakfast he left a chuckle making her little upset.

"I know it's not much. I actually didn't have anything at home,so....."

But when she was uttering that casting down her gaze he was already munching on the food bringing a smile to her face.

"I love this. This really feels like home. And I must say that you are a good cook"

He said making her burst out loud.

Then suddenly an eye lock. He dived in to her eyes and uttered something in a low voice.

"This feels like home."

🪷🪷🪷🪷🪷🪷🪷