Arangements

I was awoken to rustling on my bed. I rubbed my eyes and opened them to be greated with the wonderful presence of my lanky 10 year old brother. I groaned at the weight he was currently putting onto the top of my body. "Can I help you?" I asked putting my hand over my eyes. "Mom said to wake you both up so she can tell you something before she has to go to her meeting."He said resting his chin on his hands.

"What time is it?"I asked reaching for my phone on my nightstand beide me. "It's 12:30 in the afternoon."he said. "Aright fine. Just give us a minute to wake up. Did you wake Christa up?"I asked. He shook his head no and so I pointed to her signalling for him to wake her up too. He smiled evilly and nodded. He took the pillow that was on the bench at the end of my bed. He climbed back up the bed and wacked Christa in the head with it.

There was a loud groan that was heard from her mouth making Jack laugh uncontrollably as I chuckled. "We'll be down in a second Jack." I said to him. He nodded and hopped off the bed. He raced out the door shutting it behind him and down the hall to the staircase that lead downstairs to the main level. "Why did she want to talk to us so early." Christa whined.

"It's already afternoon."I chuckled. She mumbled a few profanities under her breath making my chuckle break out into a full laugh. "Come on. She might have made breakfast."I said sitting up. I knew the mention of food would have her body involuntarily gravitate itself towards the kitchen.

I grabbed my phone off the night stand and exited my room not waiting for my lazy ass bestfriend to wake herself up. I had a few messages from the guys but nothing serious other than 'hey loser', so I didn't respond right away. I walked down the staircase and sure enough, my mother was in the kitchen dressed in business wear from her new line making breakfast. I sat down on the island next to Jack and yawned. "Morning."I said getting my mom's attention.

She turned her head to look back at me briefly. She smiled and returned to her cooking. "Morning honey. How'd you both sleep?"She asked getting plates out of the cabinet. "Great. So what'd you have to tell us?"I asked getting to the point. "Don't get too excited yet.

We need to wait for Christa to wake up."She said putting equal servings on each plate. I narrowed my eyes at her and she smirked. I took a deep breath ready to yell for Christa to get down stairs but I didn't get the chance to before a hand covered my mouth. "Beat ya to the punch babe."Christa said yawning.

I licked her hand and she pulled away quickly. She then wiped it on my own face. "Oh hell no."I said. I licked my own hand and we began messing around at the table. "How are you both 16 years old. I don't understand."Jack mumbled.

My mom passed out a plate to each of us that had a serving of fruit, scrambled eggs, bacon, and a piece of toast. "Drinks?"She asked. "Juice."Jack said. "Coffee."I said. "Tea."Christa said.

My mom put the water on and gave Jack his juice as we all began eating. "So, the news?"I asked getting anxious . "Oh yes. So as you know, I usually go on a trip over the summer, and you both watch Jack for a month or so."She said as Christa and I nodded in agreement. "Well, there is another trip that is going to happen this year."She said making me internally sigh.

"The plane ride wont take too terribly long though. Only about five hours."She said shrugging. "So, is the trip inside the U.S?"I asked raising a brow. The water was boiling so my mom turned and got three mugs filling them all with the piping hot water. "Yes. But there is a catch."She said as she handed each of us the things we needed to make our morning drinks.