Night Stroll - Wholesome

(The first one is wholesome! Let's get the tension to build up. I'm starting almost from the end of the memory since it is already too long!).

Here's a link to the memory on youtube if you want a refresher! - https://youtu.be/-6OMmLqUijI?si=uRnH07_AhJa2Bkz3

-
-
-

Rafayel: "I waited for her for a long, long time and she never appeared again."

Rafayel leaned forwards not taking his eyes off of Y/N. "And like I said, I hate waiting. You made me wait an entire day."

He looked down at the floor. Y/N noticed sadness and disappointment in his eyes.

Y/N: "Oh, I'm sorry..."

Rafayel looked back at Y/N. He had a stern look on his face, worried that it might happen again.

Rafayel: "An apology? ...Promise me that you won't make me wait for you again."

Y/N: "But for me, work always comes first."

Rafayel: "I'm not asking you to show up on the dot. Just, wherever you are, whatever you get into, you tell me as soon as you can.

He did not take his eyes off of Y/N and made sure that he got his point across.

Rafayel: "Don't just disappear ever again, okay?

Y/N finally understood what he was trying to say. Just let him know if she is okay whenever she can.

Y/N: "All right... I understand."

Rafayel: "Swear it."

He never broke eye contact with Y/N while saying that making it obvious that this is important to him. She is important to him.

Y/N: "I swear it."

Rafayel: "No, your human bows are never reliable. We do it my way. Close your eyes."

Rafayel takes Y/N's hand. Y/N doesn't hesitate and closes her eyes.

Rafayel: "Repeat after me. I will never make Rafayel wait for me."

Y/N wasn't sure of this. But she knew that this was really important to Rafayel. She knew that he wasn't being sarcastic or teasing like he always does.

Y/N: "I... I will never make Rafayel wait for me."

Rafayel: "Good."

They both open their eyes. Y/N lets go of his hand revealing a blue fish floating just above the palm of his hand.

Y/N: "Where did this come from?"

She looked up at him wondering how that little fish came to be.

Rafayel: "This is a ceremonial vow of my people. Fish are the emissaries of the ocean. If the vow has the blessing of the ocean, then a fish will appear between our palms."

Y/N already knows that he is Lemurian. But she still has a lot to learn from Rafayel about his culture. It's all so interesting to her. She found this vow and its way so wholesome to her. They both looked at each other and smiled.

Rafayel gets closer to her ear and whispers, "Don't forget what you said today." He looks into her eyes with a little smile on his face.