- WhaleFall Lament - Wholesome

First 4-star altered memory! This happens 3 days after "Before Sunrise" so our characters are still on their business vacation.

-
-
-

- starting with a little fan-fic -

A few months before Y/N & Rafayel's vacation, one day they decided to walk down to the Linkon City beach. While walking, they encountered a beached baby blue whale. Thankfully, with the help from people around and professionals, the baby blue whale was able to get back into the ocean safely.

Y/N got attached to it. She spent half of the time she had looking to see if the baby blue whale was alive and well. Looking at where it went with its pod.

2 days after their arrival at Luminara, Y/N went out to the beach in the morning while Rafayel was giving a painting lesson to a group. She looked at her phone and the app that was supposed to track the baby blue whale said that it was "untraceable". Her heart sank.

Y/N ran back to the hotel, towards the gazebo where Rafayel was giving painting lessons. She knocked on the wood pillar beside the gazebo entrance.

- altered memory starts -

Rafayel: "For our last step- ahem, The drinks were ready that fast? You can send them up to the my room."

Y/N: "Rafayel, I have something incredibly urgent I need your help with."

Y/N clears her throat. Rafayel excitedly turns around to see her beloved girlfriend standing at the top of the stairs of the gazebo. 

Rafayel: "Oh it's you!"

He gestures to Y/N to come to him.

Rafayel: "My friends, this here is my beautiful girlfriend, Y/N. No autographs please. You guys keep going on with painting."

Some of the people in the group said "awe," some chuckled, and some just even went on keep painting.

Rafayel took Y/N to the side to talk. He noticed she was worried about something. He held her waist and looked at Y/N with concern.

Rafayel: "Hey.. what's wrong?"

Y/N: "Remember the beached baby whale that we rescued 2 months ago?"

Rafayel: "What about it? It took on human form and paid you a visit?"

Y/N: "No, It's gone missing!"

Rafayel: "... huh?"

Y/N: "The Marine Life Research Division cannot detect it's movements-"

Rafayel: "and it might be seriously injured?"

Y/N nods. "Maybe even worse."

Rafayel: "... That's not unlikely, but survivial of the fittest is the rule of the sea. If it's injured and isn't able to return to its pod, there's a high chance something bad has happened."

Y/N: "But I've been reading online updates about it every day. You know how attached I got from looking at his pictures. I've never rescued an animal this big before."

Rafayel walks back to his canvas and starts painting again. Still worried. Y/N walks behind him.

Rafayel: "Don't get too upset. This day will come for all living creatures."

Y/N: "What are you talking about?"

Rafayel: "I mean you will meet again if fate wills it."

"Actually..." Y/N gets closer to Rafayel and whispers to make sure nobody hears her, "I came to you to ask if you have a way to locate it?"