00.1

" My Darling, I will look for you in every universe until we finally stay.. "

➷ ➸ ➹

1944

Daegu, Republic of Korea.

Another one fine day in Seo, a small district in Daegu. Nine year old Hyun ran down the familiar neighbourhood with red chubby cheeks and hot sweats. The sun was high up in the sky that day making the heat extra insane. Running past the barber shop and the bakery shop that he couldn't really resists, he finally reached his destination.

"Noona!!!" He finally went inside the cozy home, followed by his heavy panting.

"Hyun!" Hearing the noise, a woman in her late forties, also known as Boksun Ajumma, came out of the kitchen with a stern look plastered on her face. "I told you not to play outside at this time!" She scolded the boy, her voice stern and disapproving, for being outside in the extreme hot weather.

Hyun just panted heavily, trying to catch his breath and the woman continued to scold her like there was no tomorrow.

"Look at you! Your face is all red and you're covered in sweats! Do you want to get sick-"

"I have to go, scold me later!" Hyun suddenly ran off towards the stairs before she could finish her sentence.

"Yah!! Come back here! That little brat! What should I do with him?!" Boksun Ajumma sighs in defeat as she watched him run off.

➷ ➸ ➹

* KNOCK KNOCK! *

"Noona! I have something for you!" Hyun swung the door open and he was met with a confused stares from the two ladies.

"Hyun, we told you to be careful with the doors!" Scolded the older one, who is known as Hwayoung.

"It's just that I have something for Narae noona! And I got scolded twice just for this letter!" Hyun whined.

Hearing her name, Narae raised her eyebrows as she motioned for the boy to give her the letter.

"Is it Taehyung again?" Her older cousin asked.

"I suppose so.. Hyun go outside, it's girl's time.. I have something to discuss with unnie.. I bet Taehyung oppa probably bribed you with something again.." Narae said, eyeing the boy suspiciously.

"Yes noona! He promised to buy me a chocolate pastry!" The boy grinned, "I will go wash up now!" With that, the boy left, leaving the two girls on their own.

"You guys are so in love huh? He will use his every penny on Hyun just so his letters reaches you everyday!" Hwayoung said, eyeing her teasingly.

"Stop teasing unnie! If Boksun Ajumma finds out, you know it's going be the end of me.." The girl replied, rolling her eyes in annoyance.

"I know that! But think about it! You're already Nineteen! We're not kids anymore, and Ajumma has to loosen up a little bit! She needs to know that we're going to be married off to our lovers someday leaving her completely alone!" Hwayoung ranted.

Ignoring her cousin's words, Narae opened the letter, her curiosity getting the best of her.

𝐓𝐨 𝐦𝐲 𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐍𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐞,

𝐈'𝐦 𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐛𝐞𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐈 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐢𝐦𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐧𝐞𝐰𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤 𝐢𝐭 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮. 𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐈 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐈 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐰𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐢𝐭 𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐨 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐰𝐞 𝐦𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡 𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐭 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞? 𝐈 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞, 𝐧𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐢𝐠 𝐎𝐚𝐤 𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐞..

𝐒𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬,

𝐊𝐓𝐇

"SINCERELY YOURS~ That's so sweet! You should definitely meet him tonight!" Hwayoung cheered in delight. "Even his handwriting is beautiful just like him! And you should say yes this time! Poor him, you've made him wait too long!" She continued.

"No way! Do you seriously want me dead?! You know we have strict rules here in the house! Deadline is at six! And besides, you know I can never return these feelings for Taehyung oppa. I know he has tried hard and all, but I can't force myself.." Narae replied, her eyes filled with guilt and sympathy.

"So you mean you're going to let him go? No, you can't! Taehyung is a nice guy and he has been courting you for almost four years now! We both know he's really serious and sincere about you! You just can't let him go! Not to mention that he's good looking inside out and he came from a very well off family!"

"But unnie-"

"You know you'll never have to worry about the future! You're one of the luckiest girls, do you know how many girls are lining up just to be him?" Hwayoung asked with desperation. Her choice of words may have seemed a little unfiltered but she wanted to help Taehyung. She knew he was a nice guy, who put loads of efforts just to be with her little cousin.

"I know you're always fond of Taehyung oppa but I just can't.. Seeing him at nine also means sneaking out. I can't risk myself for that!" Narae shakes her head in denial. No way, she couldn't go that far for a guy. Especially for a guy she doesn't even like.

"Please meet him just this once?"

"I've make my decision unnie.."

"Don't be so hardheaded! Don't you feel any sympathy for him?"

"And that's why I'm going to stood him up.. I don't want to give him false hopes.. I only accepted his gifts and letters just because you told me to!" Narae fired back.

But Hwayoung wasn't a fool, there has to be some way to let them meet each other.

"I'LL DO THE DISHES FOR A WHOLE WEEK, YOU CAN TAKE A BATH FIRST, YOU WON'T HAVE TO MOP THE FLOOR AND I'LL NEVER NAG AT YOU AGAIN FOR KEEPING THE LIGHTS ON ALL NIGHT!"

Narae's ears perked up as she watched her sister in disbelief.

"If you meet up with him, I promised I'll do all of that!" Hwayoung plead.

"Are you seriously going to go that far? You're creepy.." Narae eyed her in annoyance.

"Just meet him once! I told you I'll never nag at you again for keeping the lights on!"

Narae stared at her sister blankly, lost in thoughts.

She wouldn't need to wash the dishes for a week, wouldn't need to mop the dirty floors and she would get to take a soothing bath first. And most importantly, she wouldn't have to sleep in the dark. Maybe it wasn't that bad?

"Are you sure? If you're really doing this as you've said, I will-"

"YAY! YES I PROMISE YOU!" Hwayoung cheered, cutting her off.

"But I swear on the heavens, this will be the last time I'm seeing him." Narae vowed, her voice firm. "And for your information, I don't even know how to sneak out, unlike you."

Nope she's not a nerd but she stood on her ground. She's not a rebel who sneaks out every Friday night.

"Don't worry, I'll help you.."

•❅───✧❅✦❅✧───❅•