00.5

" A part of my soul has loved you ever since the beginning. Maybe we're from the same stars.."

➷ ➸ ➹

"So we meet again, Narae-shi.."

Narae looked up at Jungkook who was giving her a gentle smile. Yes, you're right. The handsome guy she met at the street turned to be Mrs.Jeon's one and only son. Meaning, she was going to see his face alot more often than she could have ever imagined.

"Kook-ah, how do you two know each other?" His mother curiously asked, sipping her tea.

"It's a long story, mother. I'll save it for later." Jungkook replied and Mrs.Jeon nodded, understandingily.

"So, Jungkook-ah.. How have you been lately?" Mrs.Kim asked.

"I'm doing great, Aunty. But what suddenly brings you to Busan?" He replied, his curiosity evident in his tone.

Meanwhile, Narae sat there quietly, unsure of what to do. Since it was her first time meeting them, it was hard and awkward for her to talk to them comfortably yet. Plus, she feels drowsy and tired because of the ride. And in all honesty, all she want right now is to take a soothing fresh bath, and fall into a long deep slumber.

"I came here to enroll Narae into the industry. And if possible, she'll join the class starting tomorrow.."

Hearing that, Jungkook shot a quick glance at Narae, who also met his gaze.

"That means you're staying here?" Jungkook asked her in a gentle voice.

"Yes," Narae replied, nodding slightly, her eyes fixed on his. "I'll be joining the dormitory and class tomorrow."

'So she's going to be here for a while..' Jungkook thought to himself, a hint of smile playing on his lips. A part of him felt a spark of joy and satisfaction hearing the news. Maybe he savor the thought of having her for a longer time?

"Narae dear, you look sleepy. Why don't you go freshen up and take a nap now?" Mrs.Kim suggested, as she noticed the girl did a small yawning from time to time.

"Ah, yes.." Narae stood up quickly, looking relieved and grateful. Finally, someone had said it.

"Duri! Go take-"

"Mother! I will do it. I can take her to the room!" Jungkook blurted out, interrupting his mother.

All eyes shifted to him, including Narae's, and Jungkook's ears grew hot with embarrassment. Boy, why did he do that?

"Kook-ah, what are you saying?" Mrs.Jeon asked with disbelief. Was her son really volunteering to take Narae to her room? She was stunned. She had never seen her son, Jeon Jungkook show this kind of interest in a girl before.

"I mean, I can show her the guest room mother. I was heading to my room anyways." Jungkook replied, trying his best to sound casual.

"Well, okay then.. No problem." His mother nodded, a small smile playing on her lips.

"Get some rest dear." Mrs.Kim followed. With that, Jungkook escorted Narae to the stairs, and his mother's eyes, secretly following them until they were out of sight.

The silence between them was thick as they climbed up the stairs. Jungkook felt like the biggest fool alive, regretted his impulsiveness, while Narae's gaze was only fixed on the steps. To be fair, she hadn't known the boy for a day yet. Hell, it hadn't even been five hours.

"It's really a small world." Narae attempted to break the ice. "Bumping into you and now you're accompanying me."

"Right." Jungkook replied, "I hope you won't find me annoying. I'm not usually like this." He replied, scratching his neck in embarrassment.

Before jumping into conclusions, Jeon Jungkook is a timid and reserved person. The person who only focuses on things he loves. Of course, he's not a bad person or a cold hearted one, but if anything were to happen, he's the last person on earth you'd like to mess with, if you know what's good for you.

"Oh no, I don't see you that way!" Narae assured him with a laugh. "Actually, you're the first real friend I've made since I arrived here." The boy's face lit up with a warm, effortless smile.

A few more steps, and they finally reached the guest room door.

"Alright, rest well.." Jungkook smiled and turned to leave, but then paused and added, "And by the way, no need to be so formal with me."

"Huh?" Narae asked, her face widened in confusion. Jungkook can't help but to chuckle at her cuteness.

"No need to be so formal with me. Now that you're staying here, we're going to be seeing a lot more of each other so, feel free to call me Kook or JK."

➷ ➸ ➹

The day had finally come. Narae was already up, so she settled in to go. She had woken up at six in the morning. To be fair, she wasn't a morning person. Back in Daegu, she and Hwayoung would often oversleep, much to Mrs.Boksun's frustration. She would scold them every morning. While Narae used to find it annoying, she now missed those moments and the people she shared them with. Well, not to forget her little mischievous cousin, Hyun too.

"Seriously, Park Narae? You haven't even started yet and you're already homesick?" She asked as she chuckled at herself.

Even the thought of waking up early in the morning made her miss everything about her home and Daegu.

* KNOCK KNOCK!! *

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door, followed by a girl's voice. Supposedly a maid.

"You don't have to knock, you can just come in.." Narae said and as expected, it was Duri who entered.

"Breakfast is ready, please come downstairs."

Entering the large dining hall, Narae was welcomed by Mrs.Jeon and Mrs.Kim, but there was no sign of Jungkook. Maybe he's not a morning either?

"Good morning, Narae-ah.. Did you sleep well?" Mrs.Jeon asked with a warm smile as Narae took her seat.

"I slept really well, Mrs.Jeon." Narae replied with a bright smile as the maid served her a plate of breakfast. "I'm so grateful for your kindness and the opportunity to study here."

"You don't have to thank me, you're welcome here." Mrs.Jeon replied, her expression warm and genuine. Meanwhile, Mrs.Kim watched the two with a proud smile plastered on her face.

Breakfast went smoothly, and after they finished eating, it was time to head out. Narae's heart raced with nervous anticipation. Mrs.Kim, sensing her anxiety, offered to accompany her to the gates, since it was her first day. Narae felt a surge of gratitude towards the woman, knowing she couldn't thank her enough for her kindness and support.

Yes, the Hwanggeum Industry isn't a school or anything like that, but according to Mrs.Jeon, the rules are pretty strict. Since the students are mostly girls, a strict environment is necessary to ensure their safety and well being. The industry's reputation is at stake, and they can't afford to disappoint the parents or relatives who have entrusted their children to them.

"Are you ready to go?" Mrs.Kim asked, smiling warmly at her.

"Yes," Narae replied, taking a deep breath and smiling back in determination.

A new chapter was about to begin, full of unknowns, but she promised herself that she would leave Busan with no regrets.

          •❅───✧❅✦❅✧───❅•