5: The New Guardians

It was a few days after the last Flaxan invasion with Nolan getting back after the next day. It was the Guardians funeral. Everyone was still in shock after the public reveal of the Guardian's demise and only Omni-Man survived with fatal injuries.

Speaking of Nolan, he slowly descended down and landed behind a podium with people and cameran men shooting everything live.

Nolan: "I've fought for the unimaginable defense of this world. I've battled alien tyrants, defeated nightmares from the deep. Gone toe to toe with ancient Gods. But no matter what threat I faced, I knew I wasn't facing it alone. Darkwing, Aquarius, War Woman, Green Ghost, Red Rush, Martian Man and Immortal. The Guardians of the Globe stood strong as ever in their final moments alive. Today, we lost titans, protectors, heroes and we are left to wonder..... Who will save us now? I will, and so will others like me as well. I swear."

He looks at Jon and Mark who were in the crowd with Debbie, Kara and Eve.

Nolan: "New Heroes answering the call. New champions, ready to risk everything to keep this planet and its cities safe. All inspired by these great souls who came before us. You will have moments of doubt. Of fear. Of uncertainty. But in those moments, have faith."

He slowly flies up and looks down at everyone.

Nolan: "And look to the sky."

He then flew off leaving behind a shockwave. Everyone started to leave while Jon and his family and friends went towards a private location where the burial will be held. Now, everyone was gathered at the private funeral of the Guardians of the globe with Kara and Eve there. Jon introduced Kara to his family a few days after the attack and his mother was ecstatic. Nolan just kept quiet not knowing how to feel about another surviving Kryptonian on Earth.

Family members of the other guardians were there especially Red Rush's girlfriend who started to ball her eyes out with Debbie comforting her.

Mark: "Do we seriously have to put everyone through this?"

Eve: "The big one is for the show. The public can't know where the actual body is buried."

Mark gave a confused look towards Eve making her shake her head.

Jon: "Souvenir hunters."

Kara: "They have those kinds of people?"

Jon: "A lot actually."

Mark: "Jesus."

Nolan who is out of his super suit walked towards the coffin as he stood in between them.

Nolan: "I never was a Guardian of the Globe. But it was the Guardians who welcomed me when I first arrived on Earth. They were my mentors, my comrades. My friends. They knew the harsh truth of this line of work. Yet they went out fighting in honor. Martian Man was exiled from his own people. War Woman was from a different age. Darkwing..... Well Darkwing made his own solitude. It was rare. Lucky few of us who found someone who understood our path, even rarer if they accepted it. I hope they rest in peace together."

The caskets are then slowly lowered down as Jon just watched on with a clinched fist. He knew them personally and treated them like family. A hand then grabbed his fist as turned to see Kara with a worried expression.

Kara: "Are you alright?"

Jon: "To be honest Kara, I-I don't know. I knew the Guardians since I was a kid. They helped train me, helped control my powers when Dad was busy fighting God knows what. They are like my second family."

Kara: "Well....you still have us though and everyone else. We'll get through this together."

Jon: "Thanks Kara?"