Chapter 3-You know you loved it

Stacey’s P.O.V

“One large Hawaiian pizza and two large Meatlovers, please.” I say to the cashier before handing him over my money. He’s kind of cute, but nowhere near as handsome as Ryan. Mhm-mhm-mhm, that boy is H-O-T.

The cashier hands over my change and winks at me, then moves on to the next customer. I move to the side and lean against the counter, eager to receive my pizzas and head back.

Ryan looks really good today. His short blond hair is spiked upwards, and he’s wearing dark-wash jeans and a white t-shirt that shows off his huge biceps. He must work out a lot. I can just imagine him in a gym, his muscles rippling as he hits a punching bag. He’s getting all hot, sweat dripping off his topless chest and- “Miss, your order’s ready.”

“Oh right, thanks,” I say, blushing at the cashier. I quickly grab the pizzas and walk back towards my group of friends. Wait, what are those two doing? Are they making out? Is that Amelia?! Is that Douglas?! IT IS.

Oh. Oh my. Oh my god. Oh my god! OH MY GOD! “OHMYGOD!” I shriek, dropping the pizzas on the floor. Amy immediately backs away from Douglas, eyes wide in shock. I stand there gaping at them for a minute before Amelia starts spouting excuses.

“Look, it isn’t what it looks like…”

“IT ISN’T WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE, MY ASS!” I scream, not caring if I am making a scene.

“I swear Stace! Just let me explain...”

“NO! I don’t want to hear some pathetic excuse from you!”

“It was my fault Stacey.” Douglas cuts in, “Don’t get upset at Ameli-,”

“Just shut up, Douglas.” I snap.

“Miss,” a voice says.

“What?!” I scream and turn around. Crap, I just yelled at that cute cashier.

“Miss,” He repeats, “You are disturbing our guests. You must either quieten down or leave now.”

I huff and turn to Amy. “Did ya hear that? You have to leave.”

“But Stacey-,”

“If you don’t leave I will.” That shuts Amy up, but when she doesn’t move after another minute I speak up again. “Fine then, I’ll just leave,” and with that I storm out of the restaurant, not even bothering to pick up the pizzas scattered on the floor.

I wish I could say that Amelia ran outside after me. That she called my name as my car sped away from Jackie’s Pizzeria. But she didn’t. I also wish I could tell you how Ryan came outside and calmed me down. How he held me in his arms in my moment of weakness. But he didn’t.

So I drove home. My phone buzzed repeatedly but I ignored it.

I wish I could say I was over-reacting. But after that one fateful night, even the sight of Douglas makes tears prickle my eyes. And the worst bit is he doesn’t know. Not the full story anyway.

‘No Stacey. You will not get upset again.’  I tell myself. ‘You will not let him hurt you anymore. You can’t.’  

Yet the tears fall down my face anyway. I just can’t believe she betrayed me. I can’t believe she would do this to me. I just can’t believe it.

That’s when I make myself pull over. I wrap my arms around my knees and sob uncontrollably.

She better have a damn good excuse tomorrow.

<><><><><><><><><><> 

Amelia’s P.O.V