𝟎𝟐 , 𝚜𝚠𝚎𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚝

( 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝘄𝗼 ) ✽𐬺𐬿
𐬻𐬾 𝐔𝐍𝐇𝐎𝐋𝐘 𝐖𝐀𝐑 | 𝚓𝚘𝚑𝚗 𝚎𝚐𝚊𝚗.

" i wandered around and finally found somebody who could make me be true "IT HAD TO BE YOU— artie shaw

IT HAD TO BE YOU
artie shaw

EAST ANGLIA, ENGLAND
June 08, 1943
———————————

     // DESPITE HER HESITANCE, Evelyn had decided to go along with the nurses to the Officers Mess — weird name, she thought — but for the customers she assumed they got, the name fit.

The nurses all drove together, not having their own ways of transportation. They all laughed and smiled and joked together, Evelyn felt out of place between the nurses who were friends.

Sandra must have noticed that, because she sent a warm smile and a pat to the shoulder.

"There it is!" One of the nurses shouted, excited squeals leaving the mouths of the nurses. Evelyn almost covered her ears.

They parked quickly, almost smashing into to bikes leaning on the side of the building. Evelyn didn't like to agree with women stereotypes, but these women were terrible drivers.

Sandra stayed beside Evelyn, locking their arms together — maybe to make sure Evelyn didn't run, or maybe because she assumed they were now fast friends — either way, Evelyn didn't mind. Sandra was a nice woman.

Walking into the small bar, the low ceilings were the first thing she noticed, odd thing to notice, but she did. The smell of alcohol flooded her sinuses, which was to be expected.

Her eyes flickered around the room, the dim lighting making it harder to make out faces. But two familiar men were standing at the bar, every once in a while lifting their drinks to their lips.

Although, she had only met them a few hours ago, Evelyn felt comfortable enough to walk up to them. So she quickly told Sandra where she was going, leaving the woman to her own devices.

"Arthur, Roger. Nice seeing you here." Hee voice brought the boys' attention away from their drinks, turning to the midnight brown haired women, her cherry red lips pulled into a smile they haven't seen yet.