Chapter 3: A dream of a dream

I jolted up, and it turned out that it was just a dream... Though it felt too real, the moon was shining above through my window, which is open, letting the wind in. 

It felt soothing, yet eerie. But what is weird is that I don't feel tired at all. It's like I'm in a dream that I have no clue about. 

"That's right!"

The same voice exclaimed. 'A dream... Of a dream...' I thought, but I shook it off. "Oh, come on!" 

The voice keeps nagging at me, but I only thought that I was going crazy, so I pretend to ignore it. Something tells me that I need to listen, but I can't believe the person that I can't even see! 

The voice became quiet, as if it felt insulted, until I couldn't tell if it were still around, which I was thankful for so I could finally go back to sleep. 

The next morning, the current event was still unusual for me. I don't know how to react at all; everyone is so nice to me, but something isn't right. 

Life is so perfect; I wasn't getting scolded or hated at all. Yet, I don't feel like I belong here. I guess I'll try this one out even though I don't know what is going on. 

"Are you okay, sweetie?" I snapped out of my thoughts as my mother asked me. "You've been staring at your breakfast for hours." Mother looked worried, and I felt sorry for worrying her. 

"I'm sorry, mom, I just thought about my assignments." I reasoned with a smile, which made her smile in relief as well. 

"How was your school?" Father said, so I looked at him in surprise but managed to hide it. It surprised me to say the least because he doesn't talk much to me, like... He was avoiding me. "It was great, dad. My classmates were so friendly and lively; no one tried anything funny somehow." I trailed off, and my mother kissed my forehead. 

"We're glad you're enjoying your new school; we were afraid that you couldn't fit in." I giggled at my mother, making my parents look at me with a smile. "Well, if you ever need us, we are here for you, Allenna, sweetie," Father assured me, and I nodded. 

While arriving at school, I saw Minnie greeting me again, so I just nodded back at her, making her frown, but I didn't notice it.