Fatima's POV: Black Affairs

Los Angeles County
Wilson's Residence
Saturday, 7:15 a.m.

My afternoon dream when
The world is speedin'
I am still sleepin'
In my blue dream and
I know the meanin'
For all the seasons
You are the reason
My love

I wake up and turn my alarm off. I look at the date and squeal. One more day til it's my day! A reminder popped up on my phone.

 One more day til it's my day! A reminder popped up on my phone

I smile because we really are besties. Why are our birthdays a day apart? I called Zachary and he answered the phone. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY BESTIE" I screamed into the phone. "Tinka take it down just a little bit it's early in the morning," He told me. "My bad, but happy birthday I hope you are having an amazing day, and may God bless you with many more," I told him smiling. "Thank you, Tinka, what are you doing today?" He asked me. "The usual you know our party tonight so my hair, nails, and makeup," I told him rambling off other things. "Okay bet, Big 16 what do you think we are getting for our birthdays?" He asked me.

"I don't know but for the past couple of months, I want a car because staying in Calabasas and riding to school is starting to get boring. "Yeah, being all the way in Calabasas and going to school is a lil lengthy drive. Why did your dad move y'all?" He asked me. "I don't know but at this house, I got my own wing and he had a basketball court built underground and outside," I told him. "Okay, im finna get off the phone because I have to go eat and then get my suit fitted for the last time and get my haircut." He told me. "Okay boo stink, I love you," I told me. I watch his face shrivel. I started laughing because his face gave me play with somebody else and not me. "Girl what?" He asked me. I couldn't help but laugh harder.

"Nothing, happy birthday once again, and be safe. I love you too bestie," I told him. He smiled and hung up. I fell back on my bed. All I keep thinking about was that kiss we shared a few months back. It felt so right and wrong at the same time. We are only best friends Tima, YOU can't keep thinking about that. But what if he feels the same way I do? What if the kiss was on purpose and he played it off like it was an accident? I quickly jumped out of my thoughts when Revvy came into my room.

"Hi my Revvy baby," I said hugging him. "Tinka, Mommy said come downstairs," He told me. "Okay tell her when I brush my teeth and everything I will be down there," I told him as I got out of my bed and walked into my bathroom. I looked in the mirror and smiled because I'm about to be sixteen. Maybe I can finally say a curse word for real. I took my toothbrush off the charger and ran it under some water. I brushed my teeth and did my skincare. I come out of the bathroom and go down the hall. I waited til the elevator opened and I went to the 1st floor.

"Good morning, Mommy," I said walking into the kitchen. "Good morning, Tinka," She said kissing my forehead. My daddy walked into the kitchen and started loving on my mom. "Sir back up, I don't need another sibling, you said Revvy was the last one and I hope you are standing on bidness," I said to my daddy. "Oh hush, just because y'all are in here doesn't mean I can't love on my wife," He said and I rolled my eyes.