CHAPTER TEN: Ain't No Rest For The Wicked.

In about 256 BCE Roman consul Marcus Atilius Regulus was handed over to Rome's enemies, the Carthaginians, who apparently tortured him to death. They did this by amputating his eyelids and forcing him to stare at the Sun.

Though it was through extreme force and mutilation, it is alleged that he was the first person in recorded history to die of insomnia.

The events that took place just days before, made Bey feel Mutilated. It was like satan looked her right in the face. Her friend. Her kind, strange friend. With his face contorted in such a devilish way. She was gutted and terrorized by the images that played in her head, causing her to stay awake for 3 days now.

Like a kook, her hair was messy, her eyes were dressed with dark circles, skin pale as a ghost, and she had dried blood under her fingernails. She sat in her dark room with the door locked refusing to speak to anyone about what happened. At first her family was displeased with her behavior, worried that the church fire had involved her and that she was hurt, but she made up excuse regarding Louis and his behavior and they just took it as another breakup and let her be; Leaving her meals at the door with encouraging notes and comments through the door.

That night was a long one for her.

As she ran from the church, she couldn't keep down her dinner and hurled all over her dress. Tears, blood, and vomit decorated her attire, but the fear had kept her moving. The man she loved just tried to take a bite of her neck.

Taking one last look at the church, she seen it come down and her heart broke along with the structure. Surely Louis and Lestat perished in the flames. She wanted to save him, but in return, he bit the hand.

She shot up from her bed as she heard a gentle knock at her door. It was 3am so usually her family was sleeping.

"Who is it?" She whispered.

"It's Eve" her baby sister whispered back from behind the door.

Bey sighed. Knowing she hadn't seen her sister in 2 days.

"Come in lil' dove" Bey said.

The door slowly creaked opened and the small girl walked in shutting it behind her.

"Are you okay Bey?" Eve asked her.

"I'm fine Evie. I'm just recovering from something. But tomorrow will be different." She replied with a small smile holding her sister's hand.

"Did Louis do it?" Eve asked.

Bey looked away before looking back. "It wasn't anything serious. But he won't be around anymore" Bey answered.

"Bey he's here..." Eve said nervously.

Bey grabbed the girls face. "What do you mean, he's here?" Bey asked.

"That's what  I came in here to tell you. He's on the porch. I'll get em to go away if you-" Eve was cut off.

"You listen to me. Stay away from him. Do not go near him. Go in your room and lock you and Nate's door and don't come out until I tell you." Bey said getting up.

Eve began to get scared. "What's going on? Should we tell mama?" Eve asked.

"No questions! Just go" Bey pushed her over to her room closing the door.

As she crept down the stairs shakingly, she grabbed her fathers double barrel from the closet near the kitchen. As she swung the door opened, she pointed it right between his now green eyes.

"Woah woah. Is that anyway to greet a friend?" Louis asked.

"Friend? You tried to eat me." Bey said poking his forehead with the gun.