Chapter 7 - Echoes of Twilight

"Ding ding ding... Ding ding ding..."

"Hello," I mumbled, barely awake.

"Abby, have you already arrived?" My mom's voice, filled with concern, cut through the fog of sleep.

"Yes, Mom. Sorry, I just fell asleep after settling in," I explained, rubbing my eyes.

"It's okay, dear. Your dad and brother have been worried sick," she reassured me.

"Would you like to talk to them?" Mom asked eagerly.

"Yeah, sure," I replied, my curiosity piqued.

"Hello," my brother's voice chirped over the line.

"Hey, what's up?" I said, smiling at the thought of his antics.

"Just playing with my Legos. Optimus Prime is battling the Fallen! It's epic!" he exclaimed with enthusiasm.

It was a brief escape into a world of imagination, a welcome distraction from the distance between us.

After half an hour later,

"Okay, I'm gonna go explore the campus now. I'll catch you later," I told my mom, already relishing the freedom of being on my own.

"Take care," her voice echoed faintly from the phone, a familiar comfort even from a distance.

Alright, time to pick out an outfit. After about 30 minutes of deliberation, I settled on something comfortable yet stylish and added a hint of makeup for good measure.

With a sense of anticipation, I wandered around the campus alone, soaking in the atmosphere and enjoying the feeling of independence.

And finally, I made my way to my favorite spot on campus, The Library. Stepping inside, I felt a sense of calm wash over me, ready to lose myself in the world of books and exploration.