Part 4 ~ Chapter 22

After a couple minutes of trying to get Toothless to calm down and transform back into his human form, the small family was airborne and heading towards where the smoke was coming from.

The forest became burnt up the closer they got. Toothless whined from atop Hiccup's back as he looked over the dead landscape as his dad and Stormfly flew above it all.

"These poor trees.." He said sadly, his grip on the saddle tightening slightly, his voice muffled a bit by his helmet.

As they reached the ocean, a large, piercing structure of ice came into view. There were large protruding icicles that looked rather spiky even from the distance they were at. Toothless lifted the mask of his helmet to get a better look with wide eyes.

"What the..?"

"Stay close." Hiccup said to Stormfly, who nodded in understanding and kept close to said Night Fury.

They flew around the ice cautiously, getting a better look at the wreckage. From the looks of it, the ice ensnared ships, boats, and even a wooden fort.

"What happened here?" Astrid asked as they looked over the damage.

"Whatever it was, it was big.." Toothless said as he noticed a pair of enormous footprints in the mud below.

"Hiccup, Toothless!" Astrid exclaimed to try and get the boys' attention.

"Fire!"

This got Hiccup and Toothless to look where Astrid and Stormfly were. The net that was shot was heading straight for the girls.

"Aunt Astrid, look out!" Toothless yelled worriedly at the same time Hiccup screeched the same thing to Stormfly, but before Stormfly could even dodge they were caught in the bola.

Stormfly squawked in surprise as she was dragged down and Astrid screamed as she slipped off Stormfly's back. Hiccup dived and quickly caught her with his front paws, his grip tight so as to not drop her.

Below them, the dragon trappers that caught Stormfly were trying to trap her properly.

"Watch the tail! Tie those legs up!" The man that seemed to be the leader shouted as Hiccup sped past the trappers.

"Is that what I think it is?" Hiccup heard as he looked for an area to land.

"STOP!" Toothless shouted at the trappers, his mask back down to keep them from seeing what he looked like, a growl forming as he saw how harsh they were treating his aunt's dragon.

"Get out of the way!" One yelled as Stormfly released a stream of fire at them, but one was able to pin her maw shut.

After that failed, the trappers tightened the ropes around Stormfly, making sure to add some around her maw to prevent her from using any more shots.

"STORMFLY!" Astrid exclaimed, jumping out of Hiccup's grasp once they were close enough to the ground.

"Whoa, watch out!" Another trapper shouted as Hiccup landed, the trappers close by dodging him as he did.

Toothless quickly hopped off his father's back and stood in front of him, drawing out his sword from the sheath on his back.

"What are you doing?" Astrid asked, rather upset as she grabbed a stick that was nearby and held it like her axe.

"Back again?" The leader asked as he walked over to the small family then smiled in shock as he got a good look at Hiccup. "Soil my britches...that is a Night Fury. Thought they were all gone for good. Looks like our luck's had a turn for the better, lads! Don't think Drago has one of those in his dragon army." He said towards the other trappers.