Prologue

Pain....

That's the only thing that can be said to describe the pain he was in. His body felt sore, blood was leaking from his head, as he opened his eyes, taking in the darkness that surrounded him. The unknown boy gritted his teeth, as he slowly but painfully move his body, sitting up, as he coughed a few times.

???: Ugh....

He then tried to stand, but the minute he stood on his shaking legs, he gave yelped in pain, before falling down onto his back, panting. He glances over to see another boy with him, but he appeared to be knocked out, but his eyes widened at seeing a girl that looked familiar to him lying on the ground as well, also knocked out, as he tried to move, but failed. He then tried to recall the events that transpired, but due to the injury to his head, it was all a blur, but he remembered waking up one morning, leaving, heroes, gods, dungeon, an endless abyss... A gust of wind blew past him, making his hair flow for a bit, before stopping, as tears fell from his eyes, as he couldn't help but wonder...

???: Am I.... Going to... Die?

"No. It's not your time yet..."

He weakly turns his head, seeing a figure approach him, as they had long pink hair, ruby eyes that shined in the darkness, and holding what seemed to be a large scythe walking towards him.

-Days Prior-

A boy roughly around the age 17 with light blue hair and eyes, wearing a blue shirt is seen walking down the steps of his house, rubbing a towel against his hair. He then places the towel on a chair, then sighs as he rubs his neck

As he looked around the kitchen, intent on making himself some toast, a sudden hand grabs him by the wrist, making the boy yelp

???: Eve!

A girl that appeared to be older than him by 4 years, with similar hair and eye color, ignores his cries, as she grabbed his wrist, reaching the front door.

Eve: No, time, Jason! We only got 20 minutes!

Jason: Wait, really?!

With that, they both rushed over and quickly puts on their shoes, as Eve reaches out and gave him a piece of toast she already had, to which he quickly snatched and ate. With that, they both ran out the door, but then Jason quickly ran, grabs his keys, and shuts the door, locking it. For some history, the two of them left their family due to some... complications, such as them not accepting Eve, so she moved away to live with her aunt and uncle, with Jason moving in months after, but sadly, both their aunt and uncle passed away, thankfully, they had money saved up due to their business that's being run by a trusted friend, who became like a father figure to them, that gives them money whenever they need it. However, neither wanted to rely on the man forever, so they both decided to work part-time jobs to earn some money, to which they were able to save up plenty for the things they needed. Right now, the arrive at a crossroad, as Eve prepared to go left, waving behind her frantically.