14

"Queen you have a letter," Caroline spoke, as she walked into the drawing room.

"Thank you, Caroline," Miranda smiled taking the letter.

"It is my pleasure," she bowed, backing out of the room.

Miranda opened the letter and carefully unfolded it before reading the words. Her dad wrote to inform her of her mother's health condition. Gasping she put the letter down.

"I need to go speak with my husband," she voiced getting up quickly and walking down to the throne room. Once she was announced by the royal guards she walked inside and bowed before speaking.

"My mother fell ill and it looks as if her condition is worsening,"

"I am so sorry to hear that," Tucker responded simply.

"I would like to go visit her for a week and take William with me,"

"That is not necessary,"

"What do you mean it's not necessary? She's my mother and her time could be limited."

"I meant taking our son,"

"We are not staying but visiting. I would like for her to see her only grandchild again."

"He wouldn't be an only grandchild if you would cooperate."

"That point is irrelevant in this matter. I did not want to lie with you anymore. You have 3 other illegitimate children so what does it matter."

"The fact that you want to take my only heir out of the country. Anything could happen. I have to secure my lineage."

"Nothing will happen to him. He will be back safe and sound and two guards will accompany us."

"You have 7 days Miranda. No more no less and I will send for you."

Miranda rolled her eyes. "You have always been a thorn in my side."

"Likewise," he retorted.

She walked outside to go find her son. Who would more than likely be fencing. She tried to make things work with Tucker over the last 15 years but it seemed so forced on both sides so they just mutually agreed to uphold their titles and marriage in front of others and parliament but they were nothing.

"Good afternoon," Miranda greeted everyone outside, watching as the opponent of her son turned around and bowed in respect.

"Hi momma," William stated taking his fencing mask off.

"Hey baby,"

"I am 5 and 10 mother. I am not a baby."

"You may not be a baby but you are my baby." She laughed. "I came out here to tell you that we are leaving tomorrow. We are going to my home country to visit my mother and father."

"Wow, we get to leave the country? I have never been anywhere." He smiled.

"I know and I know you will love it. It's small but absolutely beautiful. My mother is sick, which is why we are going in the first place. I will have your attendants pack for you."

The next morning, Miranda sat in the carriage and watched as Tucker talked to William. The conversation seemed intense and she wanted to know what that was all about.

"Hey, what did he say?"

"He said that I am to be back in 7 days and he will send a carriage for us and while I am away I am the man in charge," William answered sitting across from his mother.

Miranda rolled her eyes. "I told him that we would be back. He's so dramatic."

"Yeah, I don't know why he's acting as if you'd run away." He chuckled and Miranda gave a small nervous laugh.