10.

[ How It All ended ]
(this isn't the last chapter ^)

[ How It All ended ](this isn't the last chapter ^)

Nyx • (age unknown)

Few weeks later

Essence's pov:

The loss of Nyx's powers hasn't been so bad, she's been in my face 24/7 but it's honestly alright. Spending more time with her, I've been able to continue our studies about the modern world.

She learned so much, her favorite topic is porn and onlyfans. She finds it fascinating that you can see women have sex in 4K digital quality. She'd steal my phone sometimes just to watch it.

The amount of time I had to clear my browser...

Besides, her pervy tendencies Nyx isn't that bad. When she confessed that she been falling in love with me. I was too mad to comment on it but I have been thinking about it. I talk to her more than I talk to my own family.

She definitely knows how to make me smile, and sometimes I wonder if I'm falling in love with her too? That could never be though because she's dead.

I wish she wasn't.

Nyx is currently on my phone. "Can I see that real quick?" I asked putting my hand out. "Yea, yea hold on." She kept her eyes glued to the phone.

"What are you even looking at?" I leaned over her shoulder. She was skimming through that woman Vanessa's social media.

I sighed loudly to let her know I was annoyed. Why does she keep looking at her ex? But I think it's time I get my phone back now.

"Alright times up."

"Wait, can I ask you for a favor?" Nyx looked up at me. Her lips laid flat and she looked at me with all seriousness.

"Yea, go ahead."

She took a deep breath before speaking. "As you know, I'm bound to this house. I can't go nowhere unless I'm possessing somebody. I want to know if you'd let me possess you so I can go see my ex."

I thought about everything she said for a moment. I was clearly jealous just seeing her look at her ex, now meeting her? I had to push my feelings aside though.

I remembered what Nyx told me the first time we came across Vanessa's profile . "-maybe seeing someone from my past, will help me regain my memories." If letting Nyx see Vanessa again could possibly help her find out more about her past life? I had to do it.

"Okay I'll let you but on one condition."

"Anything." Her eyes lit up.