𝟕 - 𝐩𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐭 𝐛𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤

"you see, 

"you see, 

there are no pretty pink flowers in the woods at night."

・:*:・゚★,‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾

💫 🔭 🕊

⸻IN NO TIME AT ALL, Defense Against the Dark Arts had become most people's favourite class. Only Draco Malfoy and his gang of Slytherins had anything bad to say about Professor Lupin.

"Look at the state of his robes," Malfoy would say in a loud whisper as Professor Lupin passed. "He dresses like our old house elf."

But no one else cared that Professor Lupin's robes were patched and frayed. His next few lessons were just as interesting as the first. After boggarts, they studied Red Caps, nasty little goblinlike creatures that lurked wherever there had been bloodshed: in the dungeons of castles and the potholes of deserted battlefields, waiting to bludgeon those who had gotten lost. From Red Caps they moved on to kappas, creepy water-dwellers that looked like scaly monkeys, with webbed hands itching to strangle unwitting waders in their ponds.

Not all of Ara's classes were just as interesting. Worst of all was Potions. Snape was in a particularly vindictive mood these days, and no one was in any doubt as to why. The story of the boggart assuming Snape's shape, and the way that Longbottom had dressed it in his grandmother's clothes, had traveled through the school like wildfire. Snape didn't seem to find it funny. His eyes flashed menacingly at the very mention of Professor Lupin's name, and he was bullying Longbottom worse than ever.

Divination was slightly better than Potions, but Ara still came to dread the hours she spent in Professor Trelawney's stifling tower room, deciphering lopsided shapes and symbols, trying to ignore the way Professor Trelawney's enormous eyes filled with tears every time she looked at her. Parvati Patil and Lavender Brown had taken to haunting Professor Trelawney's tower room at lunchtimes, and always returned with annoyingly superior looks on their faces, as though they knew things the others didn't. On more than one occasion, Ara noticed that they had also started using hushed voices whenever they spoke to Potter and gave him sympathetic looks behind his back, as though he were on his deathbed.

Nobody liked Care of Magical Creatures. After the infamous action-packed first class that the Gryffindors and Slytherins had sat through, classes for the Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs were extremely dull. They were now spending lesson after lesson learning how to look after flobberworms, which had to be some of the most boring creatures in existence.

"What do they even do?" Lisa Turpin grumbled, after another lesson of poking shredded lettuce down the flobberworm's slimy throats. After the Boggart incident, she had become slightly more friendly to Ara.