𝟖 - 𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐝𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡

"the truth is, everyone is going to hurt you

 you just got to find the ones worth suffering for."

。・:*:・゚★,‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾

💫 🔭 🕊

⸻THE SCHOOL TALKED OF NOTHING BUT SIRIUS BLACK FOR THE NEXT FEW DAYS. The theories about how he had entered the castle became wilder and wilder; Hannah Abbott, from Hufflepuff, spent much of their next Herbology class telling anyone who'd listen that Black could turn into a flowering shrub. Ara spent the period angrily sawing fat pink pods from her Puffapod, emptying the shining beams into a wooden pail.

The Fat Lady's ripped canvas had been taken off the wall and replaced with the portrait of Sir Cadogan, a knight who usually resided near the DivinationTower, and his fat gray pony. None of the Gryffindors were very happy about this. Sir Cadogan spent half his time challenging people to duels, and the rest thinking up ridiculously complicated passwords, which he changed at least twice a day.

"He's a complete lunatic," Ara overheard Seamus Finnigan mutter angrily to Percy Weasley as she dashed by, heading to her next class, Defence Against the Dark Arts. "Can't we get anyone else?"

"None of the other pictures wanted the job," said Weasley, shaking his head. "Frightened of what happened to the Fat Lady. Sir Cadogan was the only one brave enough to volunteer."

Her classmates were already sat and ready in the classroom, still whispering to each other about Sirius Black as they waited for Professor Lupin to arrive.

"That's what I've been saying! He should know how to Apparate," exclaimed a Ravenclaw boy loudly to his deskmate. "Just appear out of thin air, you know."

"Perhaps he Transfigured himself into some sort of object?" asked a Hufflepuff girl.

"Maybe he knows how to fly - he could've flown in!" suggested Dean Thomas, his voice drawing louder and louder as he got more excited. "That's it! He might have transfigured himself into a flying creature or-

"SILENCE." Professor Snape swept into the room, the doors slamming loudly behind him. The class fell silent - students glanced curiously at each other. Where was Professor Lupin?

A Slytherin boy at the back of the class lazily called out, "Where's Professor Lupin?" At the mention of his colleague's name, Snape's eyes locked onto the boy, his lips curling into a distasteful smile. "Your... professor," he drawled, walking slowly to Lupin's desk, "is currently in his office, feeling too ill to teach today. His... incompetence... has resulted in him having not left any type of record of the topics you have covered so far. We will be covering a new subject today. Please turn to page 394-

At that moment, the doors swung open, and a figure skidded inside. Standing inside the doorframe, Potter looked up towards the desk, and gasped out, "Sorry I'm late, Professor Lupin, I —"