Cedric's Greatest Treasure

Estelle's POV

So a lot has happened since the Yule Ball. Cedric and I are still together. Rita Skeeter leaked to the Daily Prophet about us dating. I got some hate mail, but I just burned them all. Most said I wasn't worthy of Cedric and I believed them. But Cedric wouldn't let me go. He tells me everyday how wonderful I am, how smart and beautiful I am. That he loves me and I love him.

It also got out that Hagrid is part giant. No surprise there. But he wasn't in classes for a while and so Care of Magical Creatures was taught by a substitute teacher. She was good from what I heard, but I think the golden trio missed Hagrid's flare.

On Valentine's Day, Cedric and I may have skived off of our lessons. It was our first Valentine's day as a couple and wanted to spend it together. We snuck into Hogsmeade and spent the whole day together. It was magical.

Not long after the new year, Cedric begged me to help him master the bubble-head charm. I don't know why, but I agreed. It must be something for the next task, which is tomorrow. Anyway, I'm in the library with Neville. We're doing homework together.

"Hi Black!" George says as he appears with Fred.

"What are you two doing in the library?" I ask confused.

"Professor McGonagall wants to see you, along with our brother and Hermione" Fred states.

"Why?" I ask confused.

"No idea" George states.

"You can go Estelle, I got it from here. I'll see you later in the common room" Neville tells me. I nod my head.

"The trio is a couple rows down" I tell Fred and George.

"Thanks" Fred says.

"McGonagall is in her office" George tells me. I nod and leave. When I arrive at the office. I see a young girl there along with Professor McGonagall and all the judges. Soon Hermione and Ron are dropped off by the Weasley twins.

"Good we're all here, now we can begin" Dumbledore states. "First introductions" he says and introduces us all.

"Your last names Black?" Ron asks shocked.

"What of it?" I ask him.

"Nothing" he says sharing a look with Hermione.

"Now you are all here to help in the second task" Dumbledore tells us.

"Help, how?" Gabrielle asks.

"You all will be put into an enchanted sleep by me. The champions must find you within an hour" he states.

"We're going to be asleep in the lake?! It'll be freezing!" Ron exclaims.

"Madame Pomfrey will be on hand to help you all warm up and give you a health check once the task ends Mr Weasley" Professor McGonagall assures him.

"We will survive right?" Hermione asks.

"Of course you will, should your champion fail to retrieve you within the hour. The merpeople will bring you up" Dumbledore states.

"Mermaids? Real mermaids?" Gabrielle asks excitedly.

"Yes" Madame Maxine says.

"So who'd like to go first?" Mr Bagman asks. Hermione and Ron look conflicted. Gabrielle looks up at Madame Maxine. I sigh and step forward.

"Guess I will, I'm the oldest" I state. "Where do you want me professor?" I ask. He puts to one of four chairs. I sit down and he mutters a spell waving his wand. I fall into a dreamless sleep.

(Time skip)

I gasp as my head breaks the surface of the lake. I look to my right and see Cedric. I smile and hug him. "My hero" I say and peck him on the lips. "Race you to shore" I tease and splash him before swimming away. He swims after me.

Once I reach the dock with judges. I am pulled up out of the water by my friends. Cedric's friends pull him out. We're both wrapped in warm towels and have a potion shoved down our throat by Madame Pomfrey. As Viktor Krum appears with Hermione. I notice Fleur not far from us, but no sign of Gabrielle. Where is she?

My question is answered when she appears with Ron from the lake. Harry soon follows. Then with Ron's help they swim over with Gabrielle in between them. She does not appear to be a good swimmer. Dumbledore spoke to the merpeople before having a private chat with the judges before they reveal the scores.

Cedric got first place, I am so proud of him. Even though Harry appeared last. He got extra powers for showing moral fibre as he wanted to save everyone. And had found us all first. So now he and Cedric are tied on points for the final task. Viktor in second and Fleur in third. The final task is in June and the champions will find out what it is a month before hand. So that they can prepare for it.

The first thing I did when I got back to the castle was have a hot shower and put on dry clothes. Then went to the kitchen with Cedric. We got some food and went to the astronomy tower. Where we had a picnic.

(Gryffindor tower) Third Persons POV

"Wait, Estelle Black as in Snuffles?" Harry asks Hermione and Ron shocked.

"Yeah, do you think they're related?" Ron asks.

"Of course they are, they look to a like not to be" Hermione states.

"Could she be his daughter?" Harry suggests.

"I don't think so, otherwise Snuffles would of told us about her" Hermione states.

"Who you three talking about?" Neville asks curious. "By the way Harry, great job with the gillyweed" he states.

"Thanks Neville, we were talking about Estelle Black" Harry tells him.

"My cousin? Why?" Neville asks confused.

"She's your cousin?" the trio ask shocked.

"Yeah, her mum is my dad's sister" he states.

"Who's her dad?" Ron asks.

"Estelle doesn't like talking about him match. Her mum doesn't mention him much either. As she and Gran always get into a fight whenever he is brought up" Neville tells them. "I don't know his name, but he was apparently Sirius Black's brother" he states. "But don't let that affect your opinion of her, she's amazing. Always helps me with school work, super loyal to her friends and would die for those she cares about" he tells them.

"She sounds great" Harry states.

"I can introduce you guys sometime if you want" Neville suggests.

"Thank you Neville" Hermione says and he left to sit with Dean & Seamus. "Well that answers that question. I think I remember her avoiding people last year when Snuffles escaped. People also gave her untrusting looks" she states.

"I think Fred and George have talked about her now that I think about it. She's in their year and is friends with Angelina, Alicia, Katie and someone called Patricia" Ron states.

"Should we tell her Snuffles is innocent?" Harry asks.

"Are you mad Harry? We have no proof he is innocent. She'd turn him in if she ever saw him" Hermione tells him.

"Oh right" he says sheepishly. He would have loved to reunite Sirius with his niece. But it maybe best to wait until he is proven innocent. But how long will that be? I wonder how long she's been with Cedric? Must be serious if she was his greatest treasure and was taken. Harry thinks to himself. They then focus on their homework which is due on Monday.

A/N

Picture above of Cedric from Estelle's POV.