Chapter 15

July 20th 1863

Springfield Missouri, Catherine couldn't let it go that Andrew and this male Hunter had beaten her. It had taken her over a decade to find out where Andrew was and in finding him she found out that the Hunter was his son Joseph, so like any victim that Catherine plans on killing, she takes her time. She let him marry the beautiful blonde Kelly, and she allowed Kelly to give birth to a little boy that they named Henry, when Henry turned five Catherine would sneak into his room and drink little bits of his blood, the local doctor would say he's anemic.

Catherine would give him a little prick every day and take some of his blood, to Kelly and Joseph it just seemed as if there child had fallen ill until one evening Kelly walked in to check on Henry and finds Catherine drinking from him, Catherine just snapped Henry's neck and runs into the night. Since Catherine did this she learned that a beautiful tall brunette female Hunter has arrived to help Andrew and his son, she's never gotten a good look at her as she has similar clothing to Catherine and always has her hood up, but she did hear Andrew call her Jazzy, the name sounds so familiar to Catherine but can't place in her memory where she's heard it before.

As Catherine arrived back home she finds Irina and Godfrey sitting in her dinning room, she's not seen either of them for at least five years. Samantha is coming downstairs wearing a very elegant cream gown, which shows off her curves and breast perfectly, Catherine looks at her and noticed that she's wearing Catherine's necklace that Amon got her in 1689. "Where are you going my love, and why are you wearing my necklace?" Catherine asked her. "I'm going to a party being held at the mayor's house. I think that it goes nice with my new dress, don't you think my love?" Samantha asked her then walks up to her and gives her a kiss. "Ask next time, why are they here?" Catherine asked.

Samantha just shrugged. "Don't know, and I don't care, if you are going to fight tonight please be careful my love. Oh! You have another letter from Amon and one from Persephone." Samantha says then gives her one more kiss and walks out into the awaiting carriage.

Catherine walks into the dinning room and grabs a glass and pours herself a drink of rum. She turns to them. "What can I do for you today Godfrey?" Catherine asked. "I've been supplying weapons to the Humans over this war with Abraham Lincoln and for the last few months, and my stash house's have been hit." Godfrey tells her. Catherine sits down at the opposite end of the table and puts her feet up, she doesn't look amused. "Do you think that I had something to do with it?" She asked him.

Godfrey just shakes his head. "Of course not Catherine. I'm moving my weapons by train and I want you on the train as back up in case something goes wrong." Godfrey tells her. Catherine just burst out laughing. "I have Andrew to deal with. His son Joseph and I still don't know how he has a child as he smells like a Vampire, and this female Hunter Jazzy to deal with. So I'm much to busy to play guard dog to some weapons for humans." Catherine says and takes a sip of her rum.

Godfrey bangs his hands on the table and stands up. "You was brought here to help, but for the last 40 years I don't think that you've done fuck all. Well apart from getting your ass kicked by a fucking nomad nigger and his bastard." Godfrey says. Catherine just smiles at him. "You can leave now." Catherine says and heads off upstairs to go read her latest letters from Amon and Persephone. "I did tell you my love that she wouldn't help, Catherine can be very single-minded, once she has a target she won't let it go till she has broken them." Irina tells her mate and sire. "It just pisses me off. What if Andrew is behind it?" He says to her. "Then you can kill him and take all the credit away from Catherine. Come on let's go to the train." Irina says to him, he walks to her, and she links his arm, and they leave.

This night is the last time Catherine ever sees her friend Irina again and Godfrey, it's also the last time Catherine sees Samantha. Kelly and Joseph was at the mayor's party that night, and Kelly being a good magical. She so Samantha and instantly thought it was Catherine, so she watched her all night and waited for the right moment, when Samantha seduced one of the men to come into an empty bedroom, so she could feed from him.