𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕿𝖍𝖗𝖊𝖊

❦︎

Sunlight streamed through the cabin windows, dappling the floor with warm light. The previous night's revelation hung heavy in the air. In the corner, Celina and Cain sat huddled together, a mix of emotions swirling on their faces.

Celina, ever the impulsive one, was practically vibrating with excitement. "So, we might actually have magic?" she whispered, her eyes sparkling with a newfound curiosity. "Think I can turn my hair into flames like some fiery princess?"

Cain, more cautious by nature, tempered her enthusiasm. "Hold on, Cel," he said, his brow furrowed. "Remember what Mom and Dad said? Fairy tales aren't all sunshine and roses. This magic could be dangerous."

Celina's fire dimmed slightly, but her curiosity remained undeterred. "But wouldn't it be cool to be special, to have something no one else does?"

Cain sighed. He understood her yearning, but his mind was already grappling with the weight of this revelation. The vivid dreams, the strange occurrences – they all made sense now. "Maybe," he conceded cautiously. "But we need to be careful. Remember, someone sent that book. We don't know who knows about our parents' past, or what they might want."

The gravity of Cain's words settled over Celina. The excitement of possessing magic was overshadowed by a sense of unease. "You're right," she mumbled, her voice subdued.

A comfortable silence settled between them, broken only by the chirping of birds outside. The world seemed different now, infused with a sense of hidden possibilities and unspoken dangers.

Suddenly, the cabin door creaked open. Rosalie peeked in, her eyes filled with concern. "Are you two alright?" she asked gently.

Celina and Cain exchanged a glance. They still had a million questions, a whirlwind of emotions swirling within them. But for now, they simply nodded.

Rosalie sat beside them, pulling them both into a warm embrace. "It's a lot to take in," she said, her voice soothing. "But we'll face it together, as a family."

Cain leaned into his mother's embrace, seeking comfort. He knew there were challenges ahead, but with his family by his side, he was ready to unravel the mysteries of their past and embrace the extraordinary future that awaited them.

Celina, ever the firecracker, broke the somber mood with a playful question. "So, Mom," she said, a mischievous glint in her eyes, "if I do have magic, can I maybe make pancakes fly across the room?"

Rosalie chuckled, a wave of relief washing over her. Their spirit remained unbroken, and that was all that mattered. "Maybe later, sweetheart," she said, winking. "But first, breakfast. We have a lot to discuss."

As they emerged from the cabin, the morning sun cast a golden glow on the forest path ahead. The twins, no longer just children, walked hand-in-hand with their parents, embarking on a journey that would redefine their lives.

The day unfolded in a whirlwind of questions and nervous energy. Celina, unable to contain her curiosity, peppered Rosalie and Corvus with a barrage of inquiries. "Can we visit the School for Good and Evil?" "Do we have any magical objects?" "Can you teach us spells?"

Corvus, used to Celina's impulsiveness, chuckled and tried to answer her patiently. But one question caught him off guard.

"Can I see you… in your wolf form, Dad?" Celina blurted out, her eyes wide with a mix of anticipation and fear.