𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓕𝓸𝓾𝓻

❦︎

Cain's newfound awareness surged into high gear. The moment the voice echoed through the clearing, a jolt of primal protectiveness shot through him. He instinctively stepped forward, pulling Celina behind him. The transformation wasn't just physical; he felt an underlying alertness, a keenness to his senses he'd never known before.

Cloaked in the golden light filtering through the leaves stood a figure. The figure was shrouded in dark robes, its face hidden by a deep hood. Only a sliver of silver gleamed at the hem of the garment, hinting at an ornate staff held within the figure's grasp.

"Who are you?" Cain demanded, his voice surprisingly steady despite the tremor of fear running through him. Celina, peeking cautiously from behind him, her golden adornments catching the light, remained silent.

The cloaked figure chuckled, a sound that sent shivers down their spines. It wasn't a malicious chuckle, but one that held an unsettling amusement. "Welcome, young Evernever," the figure rasped, its voice distorted as if speaking through a mask. "You have much to learn."

Cain narrowed his glowing eyes. "Evernever?" he scoffed. "We don't know who you are or what this place is. We just want to go home."

The figure shifted, its presence seeming to loom larger. "Home is a luxury not afforded to everyone, child. Especially those with… potential to dance the Evernever's waltz."

The veiled statement hung heavy in the air. Cain glanced at Celina, seeing a flicker of both fear and excitement in her eyes. The situation was unnerving, yet there was an undeniable allure to this strange new world.

"Potential for what?" Celina demanded, her voice gaining strength.

The figure turned its head, its gaze seemingly penetrating the hood and focusing on Celina. A flicker of something akin to surprise crossed its hidden features. "Ah, the Evernever responds in both of you," it murmured, its voice a low whisper. "Perhaps I underestimated you both."

The cryptic words sent a wave of confusion crashing over Celina and Cain. Evernever in both of them? Did it have something to do with their parents?

The cloaked figure took a slow step forward, and for the first time, Celina noticed a single, sparkling tear roll down its cheek, leaving a shimmering trail on the dark fabric. "But fear not, young ones," it continued, its voice softening slightly. "You are not alone. Here, at the School for Good and Evil, you will learn to control the Evernever within. You will learn to walk the tightrope between good and evil, to embrace the duality that flows in your veins."

The figure extended a hand, the silver staff glinting in its grasp. "Will you join me?" it asked, its voice echoing in the silence.

Celina and Cain exchanged a hesitant glance. Fear battled with curiosity, uncertainty with a yearning for something more. This wasn't their world, but it thrummed with an undeniable magic, a promise of adventure and the awakening of their dual potential.

Cain and Celina, their hands hesitantly swallowed by the figure's cool, gloved grasp, felt a surge of magic course through them. It was exhilarating, terrifying, and utterly disorienting. The world dissolved into swirling colors and blinding light. When their vision cleared, they found themselves standing in a vast, vaulted hall.

The air crackled with a strange energy, a potent mix of nervous anticipation and raw magic. Sunlight streamed through stained-glass windows depicting fantastical creatures and epic battles, casting the room in a kaleidoscope of colors.

Disoriented and still buzzing from the strange magic, Cain stumbled forward, landing on his feet with a surprised yelp. Beside him, a startled cry pierced the air. He whipped around, his heart leaping into his throat as he saw Celina sprawled ungracefully in someone's arms.