𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕱𝖎𝖛𝖊

❦︎

Professor Dovey's pristine office, a testament to her love of all things proper, seemed to gasp in surprise. Sunlight streamed through ornately leaded windows depicting damsels in distress and valiant knights, casting a warm glow on the plush furniture and overflowing bookshelves. Yet, the air crackled with a tension far removed from the idyllic scenes adorning the walls.

The twins, still wary from their mother's cryptic warning, sat stiffly on the edge of their plush chairs. Hesitantly, they recounted their tale – their ordinary lives, the strange events in the forest, the terrifying portal, and their arrival in this fantastical place.

But it was the revelation of their parents' identities that truly shattered the carefully constructed facade. As Celina uttered the words "Rosalie, the Ever, and Corvus, the Never," a gasp escaped Professor Dovey's lips. The delicate teacup she'd been holding clattered to the floor, its contents splashing harmlessly onto the plush rug.

Lady Lesso, ever stoic, remained impassive. However, a flicker of surprise, or perhaps something deeper, momentarily replaced her usual scowl. The news of the twins' heritage hung heavy in the air, a weight far greater than a spilled cup of tea.

Professor Dovey, finally regaining her composure, dabbed at the wet spot on her robes with a lace handkerchief. "An Ever and a Never… together?" she murmured, her voice laced with disbelief. "That's… unheard of."

Cain, emboldened by their confession, leaned forward. "We don't understand it either," he admitted. "But it's the truth. We're different, and this place… it feels different too."

Silence descended upon the room once more, broken only by the rhythmic tick-tock of an ornate grandfather clock.

The revelation of the twins' lineage had thrown a wrench into the well-oiled machinery of the School for Good and Evil.

Here were students who defied categorization, born from a union that existed on the very precipice between good and evil.

Professor Dovey exchanged a hesitant glance with Lady Lesso, a silent conversation passing between them. This was a situation neither of them had encountered before.

"We need time to consider this," Professor Dovey finally declared, her voice regaining its characteristic firmness. "Your story is… extraordinary. We will need to consult the School's ancient texts, perhaps even the Headmaster himself."

A flicker of apprehension crossed Celina's face. "The Headmaster? Who's that?"

Professor Dovey's smile turned enigmatic. "Ah, the Headmaster," she said, her voice dropping to a conspiratorial whisper. "He is a being of immense power, who oversees the delicate balance between Good and Evil. But let us not concern ourselves with him just yet. There is much to be discussed, much to be understood."

The revelation hung heavy in the air, a thick silence punctuated only by the rhythmic tick-tock of the grandfather clock. Professor Dovey finally broke the tension, her voice laced with a newfound seriousness.

"Cain and Celina," she began, her gaze flickering between the twins, "your story presents a unique challenge. The chronicles of the School for Good and Evil hold no accounts of such a parentage – an Ever and a Never intertwined."

Lady Lesso, ever stoic, remained silent, a flicker of something unreadable playing across her features.

Professor Dovey continued, her voice taking on a firm tone. "Therefore, an unorthodox solution may be required. We propose a temporary separation."