Prologue Part 8: When They Start to Resist Darkness

"RUN!!!"

They finally managed to escape from the tunnel before it crumbles and falls on them. After that, they were so tired that they fall on the ground after a thrilling chase with death.

Andrew quickly ran towards his sister in fear "Just..just now I saw red stones..I..." 

Seeing her brother seeking for comfort, Hemera immediately hugs her brother "Red stones...Fimie, we have to tell Mr Carl now." Three of them nods in agreement, leaving the cave together. However, when they reached the outside world, it's already too late: tons of giant shards of red stones are falling down towards them and their...home.

Timeflies, that disaster that had taken away their families and home already been gone for more than 10 years, while the kids had already turn into adults. All of them will never forget about how much damage that the "corruption" had brought to them, which brought them eternal trauma and suffer. No one knows when will this corruption ends and they are all too scared to face it, but this time, someone decided to stand out...

With her family member's supports, Hemera decided to meet with two persons as she planned, while Fimie accompanied her.

However, while they're on her way, one of the person that Hemera wants to find came up to her unexpectedly. "Dale?"

"Yes, Hemera, it's me. I heard that you wanted to find peoples that can represent their realms as elders. So, I think as the leader of Jathyries, I can volunteer as the Elder of Wasteland."

"I was planning to search for you as well! Since everyone know that you have the ability to help us. I'm glad that you can volunteer for yourself!"

It was surprisingly successful for finding the Dale as the Wasteland Elder, so Hemera and Fimie's next stop was to Dreams Village. As they arrived there, Hemera gently knocked on the door of the Chief of the village. To their surprise, the Chief of thr Dreams Village is just a young man around their age. However, a look of  slight tiredness can be seen on his face.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Hemera. I believe that you're the Chief of Dreams Village, correct?"

"Yes, my name is Haru. I had also received your request, please come in and have a seat." They entered Haru's house, while Haru sighed and sit on a chair, "Sorry for not replying to your invitation, I just had my father's funeral, and Dreams Village is having a serious economic crisis, I doubt if I can help..."

Hemera pat his shoulder, "I'm sorry for your loss, but we can help with the crisis that Dreams Village is having right now. If you can be the Valley Elder, we can work on this together."

Haru thought for while, "I will be the Valley Elder, just remember to keep your promise. "

Hemera shaked his hand with a smile, "Deal. "

After they left the Dreams Village, Fimie turn to Hemera with a worry look, "What should we do, the position of Vault Elder is still empty." 

Hemera thought for a while, "Hmm...I think I have an idea" 

"Who?"

After the while, the girls reached back home and carefully push open Carl's door, where he usually works at, but this time Carl seemed to expect they will come and searched for him. "Is it about the Elders?"

"Yes, Mr Carl, I would like you to be the Vault Elder"

"Me? Are you sure about that?"

"Yep, you're the wisest among all of us. With your help, we can surely bring our land out of this corruption."

Carl smiled and sighed, "You're just like your father, Hemera, unafraid of everything. Sure, I will join you all."

With Hemera as the leader of Elders, each realms finally have their own Elders, which are: 

Andrew, the Elder of Isle of Dawn

Hemera, the Elder of Daylight Prairie,

Fimie, the Elder of Hidden Forest,

Haru, the Elder of Valley of Triumph,

Dale, the Elder of Golden Wasteland,

and Carl, the Elder of Vault of Knowledge.

And with the blessing of the Great Phoenix, one day, they will be able to drive away the corruption and darkness, soon bring back the light that belongs to them.