Chapter 2- Nightmare

"Something...is chasing after us..."

Two little girls scrambled across the water's surface, their faces contorted with terror as they fled from a dark dragon, their hearts pounded in their chests, the sound of their own panicked breaths drowning out all other noise. Soon, they quickly rushed and hid behind a huge rock, just the right size to hide their small bodies from the dark dragon. It scanned through it's surrounding with red glowing eyes, trying to find out the twins' location. However, the dark dragon eventually got distracted by the noises that were made from other places, so it left the twins behind and chased after the source of the noise. 

One of the twin, Raven pop her head out to check if the dark dragon was gone, once everything was safe, she carefully tapped her sister's shoulder. "Iris, it's gone. Let's go"

As they were ready to go, a dark crab who was resting beside them suddenly got triggered by the twins' sudden movements and attempted to attack them. Iris was shocked and stunned as dark crab's charged towards them, which caused her to lose a great opportunity to dodge its attack. Out of a sudden, Iris' stumbled forward and fall, her scream pierced the air, causing all creatures around them to notice the twins' existence. 

"Iris!!" Raven reacted immediately to help her up, but she found out a terrifying red glowing light shining towards Iris, who's still remaining in the sitting position on the dark water. This time, Iris turned and looked at Raven, but she didn't look scared anymore. She was smiling, as the dark dragon attacked and crushed her into pieces...

"IRIS!!!"

Raven jolted awake from her nightmare, this jumpscares her manta pet Pom for a second. "H..Huh? Where are we?" Raven stares at Pom for a while, soon recovered her memories: she was knocked off from Pom in the middle of air by a terrifying-looking black manta. Pom tilts its body in confusion, as if it's wondering why Raven screamed just now.

Raven gently pats Pom's head "I'm sorry to scare you Pom, are you alright?" Pom nods cutely as a reply to Raven. Later, Raven and Pom continue their way to search for the mysterious eggs that Rim assigned her to do. It doesn't take much time until she finally found manta the eggs, "We're here!" Raven quickly collect an egg as sample before their mother comes back.

As she was about to keep the egg in her bag, someone suddenly taps her shoulder "Hey."