Chapter one

Inosuke and Tanjiro had a mission together, Nezuko was not able to come with for this one. Tanjiro was worried sick about her no matter how many times Inosuke would say "It's not that big of a deal Monjiro." Tanjiro knew she would be fine but they are never apart. They are always together. It warmed Tanjiro's heart that Inosuke was trying to help in his own way.

Even if that way was him say that she won't die... he was doing his best. He's been doing a better job at feeling emotions other then anger. Tanjiro is very proud of him for it and he's pretty sure Inosuke would love to hear that he's doing a great job. Honestly he would probably boast that Tanjiro said he was doing great.

Inosuke would never admit it but he loved when Tanjiro complemented him most. He loved when he would get Tanjiro's attention. Really since Inosuke grew up in the forest he never learned about how 'love' works. He doesn't understand the feelings he gets around Tanjiro.

Tanjiro gets the same feelings around Inosuke, would he tell Inosuke? Nope. He would never be able to explain that to Inosuke, and how love works. Love is a difficult thing to explain especially to someone who doesn't even know how to read.

Anyway, they are on the journey east to a very secluded town, there have been random disappearances of people. They were asked to see if it was a demon or some other evil being.

The towns people are living in constant fear, multiple people going missing at night randomly. Tanjiro and Inosuke are about halfway before Tanjiro calls it far enough. He decides they need to camp out here, Inoske agreed with a bit of arguing.

They set up camp and Inosuke went off on his own. Tanjiro wasn't too concerned, it was the boy who wears a boar head every day for god's sake.

About 40 minutes later Inosuke runs back saying "KAMABOKO I GOT US DINNER!" He's holding a dead rabbit in his hand. Tanjiro smiles at his loud behavior.

"Thank you Inosuke. Can you go collect wood for a fire? I would have but I'm setting up the tent." Tanjiro asks with a calm voice, Inosuke agrees with little complaints and runs off again leaving the lifeless rabbit on the ground. Tanjiro finishes setting up the tent as Inosuke gets back.

"Monjiro I got the wood!" He drops an arm full of wood. Tanjiro smiles great fully wiping his hands on his pants. "Thank you Inosuke, I set rocks up in a circle already, do you remember how to set them up and start a fire?" Tanjiro looks over at the boat boy.

"Of course I do!" He says puffing out his chest proudly. He sets the wood up in a T-Pee type thing, he grabs two rocks to make the fire. He rubs one rock on the other getting frustrated the it wasn't working.

Tanjiro was cutting the rabbit up but he heard the sounds of annoyance coming from Inosuke, "You need help?" Tanjiro looks at the boar boy.

He nods a little "Well what are you waiting for help me Monjiro!" Tanjiro smile walking over squatting next to him. He grabs both of the green eyed boys hands and adjust the position. They were so close and Tanjiro almost couldn't take it.

He helped Inosuke get the sparks and after the 3rd spark it catches fire. Tanjiro let's go and gets down low to blow on the fire to get it ablaze. He felt Inosukes eyes burning through the back of his head as he got the fire going.

"You need something Inosuke?" Tanjiro looks at Inosuke and he is suddenly really close. Tanjiro feels his face heat up, he wondered what his face looked like under the mask...

Tanjiro reaches out and slowly takes of his mask. He takes of the mask and sees his pale face with a slight tint of red to it. Both of them were two stubborn to break eye contact, it felt as though the whole world stopped. It was so... quiet.

A bird flys past their heads scaring them out of their trance and Inosuke grabs his mask and runs off. Tanjiro sat there for a while thinking about what had happened.

He wanted to kiss Inosuke in that moment. He wanted to just kiss him... maybe if that bird hadn't swept down... maybe...

Just maybe.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Hello!!! This is honestly not the best but it's something. If you have any requests for story's please tell me!!