Merlin

When I was nine years old, my mother died of suffocation from the fire. Our house was burnt to ashes and I'm the sole survivor of that poor community. No one knew who did it but I have a guess...my father. 

He's always hated me and my mother as if we don't mean a thing to him. He would beat me and mom whenever he was drunk. He would grumble when he came home with nothing on the table. My mother always protected me from him, but I have no one now—only mom's necklace with her face in the heart-shaped locket. 

Mr. Michael Jake Paris and Mrs. Cathleen Paris took me in right after knowing my past. They wanted another child in their family since Mrs. Paris could no longer bear one for health reasons. They were blessed with their only loving and sweet daughter, Catherine Paris. She's my best friend. Most of the time I am compared to her for how she looks, acts, and dresses up. 

Catherine is anything pink, sweet, charming, and outgoing. While I'm into so much dark, emotionless, aloof, and introverted. Regardless, I always excel in school while she excels mostly at parties. We are the total opposite of each other but we click and treat each other like siblings. I began to trust the Paris family and vowed to pay them with my debts. Even if it costs my life. 

"Merlin! Are you really going on a summer class with your stupid books?" Catherine asks in her sweetest voice. Catherine and I are very much different. While she took Fashion Design, I took up Business Administration. Now we're already in our fourth year and I want to speed up my units so I took the summer class. Catherine didn't like it since she wanted to spend a vacation with me in Italy. 

"Cathy, I am really firm about this. Besides, I want to help out your parents in the company."

"Pfft. Fine! But don't forget to FaceTime me when you're free. I'm going to miss you a lot! Also..." she came closer to me and whispered something that made me red and flushed.

"...tell me if a handsome guy shoves his massive dick inside your very strict pussy."

"Cathy!" I screamed and she just laughed about it while running away to her room.  I sighed and put my luggage into the car. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I finally fixed my things. I decided to rent a room in a nearby boarding house. It's cheap but convenient. I'm the only one in my room and I will be living there for only two months. I put my headphones on and my reading glasses so I can venture into the university and find my room assignment for tomorrow. 

I was so immersed in my schedule that I didn't notice that a ball was coming at me. It hit me and caused me to fall to the ground. I think I might have a concussion by this. With my eyes as if about to pierce the culprit to pieces, his smell dominated my entire being. The musk scent of a man, with his lean body, totally topless with only his black jersey shorts with a print of a Lion and the words "Lion's Laire". 

I thought I was going crazy since when I started to look up, I saw his thick brows, blue ocean eyes and his kissable lips. Wait! This is horrible! I should be angry but I'm totally thinking about howto land my lips on his and crush it with my hands wrap around his neck.

But I can't. This is SEAN DONNAVIT!

"Hey! You okay? You look like about to eat me up, darling."

"Excuse me?" He laughed at me and extended his hand to help me up. But since he was overwhelmingly confident that he thinks I am drooling over him, which is partly true, I slapped away his hand and pulled myself up.

"Oh! Very feisty! I suggest you stop that habit of immersing to another world while walking in the field. You look like an idiot."

Wow! I take back all the things I said before.

I WILL NEVER LIKE THIS SEAN DONNAVIT. 

"Listen arrogant prick, I don't need your useless TedTalk. You have the audacity to preach when you should apologize for being incompetent in passing a fucking ball. Don't be overconfident. You're not my type to drool over." I pushed him to the side and went straight. I heard his mates laughing in the background, teasing him. 

I never thought that Sean Donnavit, the famous MVP Player of the basketball team is an arrogant and bras shit.