Chapter 5: The meeting & a big news

. . . . . . . . .        2 hours later          . . . . . . . .

After a while of getting ready, Satoru then got out of his chamber and went to the meeting place.

"Ugh... that damn woman!" Satoru said to himself as he scratched his head while walking on the sideway.

"I think it's supposed to be... here?" he looked at the building with a bead of sweat on his face, unsure if he was in the right location.

Despite his doubts, he went inside the building and looked around. While doing so, his eyes met with the friend he was supposed to meet.

"Hm? Ah, Satoru-san! Over here!!" The young man immediately yelled while waving both of his arms up in the air.

Seeing this, Satoru covered his head, getting second-hand embarrassment because of what the young man was doing.

After getting close enough, Satoru immediately smacked the back of his head, "Never do that again in public."

"Itai," he said as he gently held the back of his head, "I get it, you could have said so without doing that!"

"Yeah, yeah. Just quit it already, Honjou." Satoru replied with a heavy and tired sigh.

As he did this, a couple of giggles were heard. He looked towards the source of the sound and found a group of people in front of him.

(Oh, so these are the people this guy wanted me to meet, huh...)

Honjou, noticing that Satoru finally noticed the guests invited him to sit down.

"Satoru-san, these are the people I wanted you to meet," Honjou said excitedly. He then gestured towards them to introduce themselves.

"Hi, it is nice to meet you. I am Saeka Atsuko." She reached out to Satoru's hand. Satoru then took it and shook it.

"Yeah, it's a pleasure to meet you, too..." he replied.

"And I am Yoshimura Rin, pleased to meet you." She said with a smile.

"Likewise," Satoru said as they shook hands.

"The name's Eiji Takehiko. Nice to meet ya!" He greeted cheerfully.

"Nice to meet you, too," Satoru said as they fist-bumped.

"I am Satoru Mikami. It is a pleasure to meet the three of you," He said.

"Yosh, now that all of you already know each other. Let's throw all formalities and pleasantries aside, yeah?" Honjou said with a cheerful smile.

All of them nodded in response.

After getting warmed up with each other, they all bonded with one another. Telling various stories as they ate.

A while passed, a pair of individuals approached their table,

"Hm?" Satoru mumbled as he turned his eyes to the people who were in front of the table.

"Ah, you guys finally came!" Honjou said as he put down his glass of juice, "I honestly thought you two wouldn't come."

"Haha. Well, stuff came up." The guy said as he scratched his cheek.

"True, you know how it is at work." The woman beside him added.

"Oh? Tamura?" Satoru said with an eyebrow raised. After saying that, he glanced at the woman beside him, "Sawatari-san, right?"

The woman then stood up straight, "Right. I'm Miho Sawatari," she said with a firm voice.

Honjou chuckled before standing up, "Everyone, these two are our special guests for today. As you heard, she is Miho Sawatari-san," he said as he gestured at her.

The three looked at her and smiled at her.

"The man with her is Tamura-san," Honjou said as he also gestured towards him.

After the two warmed up with the group, they all bonded with each other.

​​

. . . . . . .         5 hours later             . . . . . . . .

After the chattering calmed down, with no topic left to talk about, the three decided to move.

Honjou stood up and clapped twice to get the group's attention,

"Everyone, I have gathered all of you regarding a certain matter. Tamura-san, Sawatari-san?" he glanced over at them.

In response to this, the two stood up while Honjou returned to his seat.

"Actually... uhm... how should I say this..." Tamura muttered in his breath.

He then breathes carefully before speaking, "Me and Sawatari-san are actually engaged, everyone. I'd like to say this to the four of you well, practically because you all are invited to our wedding..." he said quickly as his face slowly turned red along with his fiancee's.

Of course, he yelled that in a panic, his voice echoed throughout the building. So all of the people inside heard it.

"..." Their group silences at the news,

Meanwhile, the crowd began to cheer.

"Young lads," the owner of the building called everyone at the venue using a mic, "Everything for today on the menu's on the house. Tonight, we celebrate this young man and woman's engagement!!" He shouted.

The crowd again cheered in response. They all congratulated Tamura and Sawatari for their engagement.

In the end, all of the people that were there quickly became their friends.

During this, one person was continuously glancing at our dear protagonist.

Well, he noticed it, of course, but he didn't really bother to confront her.

"Let's exchange contacts," Eiji offered, his phone at hand.

"Hmm? Ah, sure..." Satoru said with a slight smile, who didn't really expect the offer. While getting his phone, Eiji also talked to his friends who were with him.

After so, Eiji, Rin, and Saeka all exchanged contacts with Satoru and planned some future hangouts with each other along with Honjou.

All night, they all talked and partied with each other and also with the people at the building with the owner hosting.

After a while, Satoru parted with them and finally headed home.

.
.
.

While walking on his way home, he felt as if somebody was following him.

He would check his back from time to time and will find no one there.

After a while of walking, he heard footsteps behind him, but when he checked behind him, there would still be no one.

This made him feel unsafe, so he hurried his walking. As he did that, the footsteps behind him also sounded rushed.

So, on his way home, he ran without break.

. . . . . . .                                          . . . . . . . . .

When he reached home, he instantly locked down the gates, had the windows metallised, and practically had himself ready to kill.

So, all night until morning, he was up guarding himself frantically when, in fact, he was safe.

Of course, he realised this late, so he fell asleep anyway.

To be continued...
_________________________________________

Join server fr 😔
https://discord.com/invite/cGPDAP5rq6