First Life - Part 1

"We have already received the down payment from the client. I don't care how you do it, but you have to finish the model drawings by the end of the week or you'll be fired!"

Sigh! She held her head depressingly after her boss ended the call.

"Easy for you to say. How am I supposed to finish all of this alone?" she murmured.

She was tasked with doing an animation for a commercial for a small brand. Her money-loving boss has accepted the work all the while cutting some support for her as he takes other animators to work on a big deal job, leaving her to work alone on this project.

He knew she had no choice but to take on this task, which saves him a lot of money.

She spent a few minutes thinking about what to do, but nothing came to her, so she decided to go out for a while.

As she was about to head out to the gate of the apartment, her landlord called out to her.

"Good thing I see you here; there were some letters sent for you this morning," her landlord said as she handed her two sealed envelopes.

"Thank you, ma'am. Sorry for the trouble," she said before accepting the letters and saying goodbye.

She headed to a nearby restaurant, where she frequently eats. She takes a seat at a table beside the windows and opens the letters.

The first letter's content is about her debt from studying in college. She is an orphan, so she never knew her parents, and she never got adopted during her stay at the orphanage. When she came of age, she had to leave and work, but she wanted to finish college to get a better job. She took out a loan and worked part-time to support herself; it all paid off as she graduated three years ago. Now, part of her salary immediately goes to paying her loan.

It would not have been a problem for her to pay before, but now that she is facing a possible job termination, she feels more stressed out.

Just as she was about to open the second letter, the waitress came to deliver her food.

"Its nice to see you again! Its been a long time since you have come here," the waitress said.

"Yes, it is. I have been very busy lately; I only have time now, and I've been missing the food here, so I came," she replied.

"That's great! By the way, where was your blind date before? How was it? Did it go well?" She asked excitedly.

"Well, it didn't, unfortunately....." She smiled stiffly and lowered her head.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to....Um, it's fine, you know! You're still young, and blind dates aren't always successful. You will meet a good one soon." The waitress comforts her, but she feels that she has become uncomfortable with the question and excuses herself.

She opens the second letter after the waitress leaves. She was surprised and smiled mockingly.

"Speaking of the devil, huh?"

The letter contains a wedding invitation from her former friend and ex-blind date.

She had been on a blind date with a man before. He was a person with a good background and had a well-paying job. He was introduced to her by the caretaker in her orphanage, as his family is one of their frequent sponsors. She feels that he is a good man, and he has arranged a meeting with her.

At first, she was scared, as it was her first time on a date. She never thought about it before, but she also longed to have a partner, so she agreed. It went well at first. He was nice and polite. She has had a hard time communicating with men before and often feels shy, so she acts clumsily. He said he doesn't mind, and she has a good time with him. After that, they exchanged numbers and contacted each other.