002. Havoc in Hawthorne House

I stepped out of the black SUV, dusting my skirt and blazer off before taking a deep breath. I tighten my pony tail and fix my curls. It had been a year since I'd been inside Hawthorne House. I hate to be coming back on these circumstances but here I am. For the will reading of Tobias Hawthorne. I walk inside and before I can even look up I'm wrapped up in a hug and spun in the air.

   The laugh gives it away on who it is, "Xander! How are you?"

   "I'm great how are you darling?" He asked in a slight Texan accent.

   "I'm well. Now where are the rest of you?" I ask walking further into the house.

   Soon Grayson, Nash and two mystery girls come into my eye sight. I walk into the room and Xander introduces the girls as Avery and Libby Grambs.

  "Well hello. I'm Dahlia Powers," I say with poise, "How did you two know Tobias?"

   "W-we didn't," Avery stutters out.

  "Well I'm sure you're here for a reason," I give her a small smile.

   I turn to Nash and open my arms with a warm smile, "Nashy."

  "Dahl," he says wrapping me in his arms.

   I then turn to Grayson and hug him and whisper, "How are you holding?"

   "Good enough," he replies.

  From behind me I hear another male voice, "DeeDee is that you?"

   I turn, "Jayjay!" I run to the boy and hug him, "How's my partner in crime been?"

   "Good good. How are you?"

   "I'm fine. Cmon let's go sit," I say to all six of them.

   As we sit down letters are passed out and the will reading begins, "I, Tobias Tattersall Hawthorne, being of sound body and mind, decree that my worldly possessions, including all monetary and physical assets, be disposed as follows."

   The Laughlin's got $100,000 and the cottage they live in. Oren got $300,000 and a tool box. Skye and Zara got $50,000 and trinkets. The boys got $250,000 in trusts. And I got $1,000,000 and his home in Italy, saying that he knew that I always wanted to go. That left all of us wondering what about the rest?

   Then Mr. Ortega, the lawyer, decrees that everything else goes to Avery. The whole room explodes and I make eye contact with Grayson. What the fuck just happened.