Clingy

"Billie." You laughed when you tried sitting up but her arms tightened their grip around your waist, inevitably keeping you attached to her on the bed. She had been clinging to you all week: following you everywhere you went, keeping her arms attached to you, and whining like a baby even when you went to places like the bathroom. It wasn't annoying but you were wondering why your girlfriend was being like this, it wasn't like her.

"Stay." She muffled out into your chest, rolling on top of you to keep you with her.

"Baby, I'm just going to make us some lunch." You laughed against and ran your hand through her hair.

Billie perked up and scooped you into her arms bridal style. "Let's go then." She carried you all the way downstairs, standing you up on your feet as she jumped up on the counter, eagerly watching your every move.

You hummed and smiled slightly before moving to stand between her legs. "What's up with you? You're being more clingier than usual, it's not a bad thing, I'm just curious." You quickly reassured her.

Your girlfriend was hesitant for a moment and when she spoke; her voice was shy and quiet, staring at her lap the entire time. "I'm going to miss you when you go away for filming." You were supposed to be flying out to Indian in a week to return back for season five of Stranger Things. Now everything makes perfect sense.

"Aw, baby." You smiled and cupped her cheeks, forcing her to look at you. "I'll call you every night, and text you every morning and we'll FaceTime whenever you want, okay? I'll miss you just as much and if I had it my way, I'd bring you with me. But for now, we'll work with what we got, okay?"

Your soft, encouraging words brought a smile to Billie's face. She nodded her head and the cute grin on her lips warmed your heart. "Okay, mama." You giggled when she kissed your lips repeatedly.

"Alright." You clapped your hands and pulled away from your sweet girl. "What are we making for dinner? Tonight is whatever you'd like." You booped her nose with a grin. Your heart fluttered when excitement swirled in her eyes at being able to make her favorite dish with you.