Chapter 2

"What took you boys so long?!"
"There were a lot of people out"
"Oh that's right, it's Saturday all those freaks are probably out crowding the street, ugh I should have sent your dad. Did anyone bother you?"
"No," Me and Yeonjun say at the same time.
"You sure you didn't talk to anyone?"
"Nah I just drooled over some really handsome guy I say leave that club you told us to stay away from"
"No, I mean other than the cashier"
I nodded my head in agreement with Yeonjun.
"Mkay, come bring the groceries in the kitchen and help me set the table"
Mom walked into the kitchen and Yeonjum my arm
"Oh, Jisung I think you forgot to tell Mom about that brown-headed boy you encountered"
He lets go of my arm before I can say anything and walks into the kitchen to where Mom is grabbing plates. I follow behind him and finish setting up the table. Once we finish my mom calls my dad to eat. He comes downstairs and sits at the table; We all sit in comfortable silence until Yeonjun decides to break it.
"Jisung wants to go in the Thrills and Frills"
I drop my fork with my mouth hung open, the nerve! My mom sets her fork down on the table and takes a deep breath.
"Han.Jisung"
Oh crap
"What did I tell you about that ...place"
I mumble under my breath "To be honest nothing really"
"What you say?"
"U-Uh nothing"
"Mhm. Jisung. I don't want you going near that place, asking about it, or even thinking about it, understood?"
Okay,
A. How am I supposed to "not go near that place" if it's right next to the god dang grocery store?!
B. I CAN THINK ABOUT THAT PLACE AS MUCH AS I FREAKIN WANT!!!!
I take a breath and look at my mom, I try my best not to respond to her through gritted teeth
"If we are going to come to an "agreement" on this I would like for you to at least tell me why I can't or what's so wrong with that place"
My Dad looked from his plate and cleared his throat
"Sung. It's a club for gay people"
Well, I could have figured that out. I literally could have figured that out. Why did I not guess that?
"Wow guys, yall made it seem like it was something much crazier on why I couldn't go in there"
"What do you mean "Crazier" there freaks honey"
I prayed to the heavens above to give me patience with this woman
"They're not "freaks" Mom they just have different interests"
My mom stands up from her chair which painfully screeches across the floor.
" Han Jisung! How could you defined those kinds of people?!"
"Because Mom I see nothing wrong with them. They don't bother people nor do they cause issues, all they do is live life like the rest of us"
"Jisung go to your room, we'll fix this issue tomorrow"
What's there to fix?
I grab my plate and slam mine in the sink, you know to make a beautiful statement, then storm off to my room and slam the door as well. I change into my pajamas and lay in bed staring at the ceiling, what's so wrong with loving people differently?