06

KING VISERYS AND HIS family are gathered in the evening for supper

family are gathered in the evening for supper. "How good it is...to see you all tonight.. together." He stated.

"Prayer before we begin?" Alicent questions followed by Viserys' approval. Aelora's eyes softly widen at the realisation that everyone was going with it and followed what the Greens were doing. She interlocked her fingers as she placed them onto the table, "May the Mother smile down on this gathering with love. May the Smith mend the bonds that have been broken for far too long. And to Vaemond Velaryon, may the gods give him rest."

Aelora snickered on the last statement Alicent spoke, but covered it with a cough after seeing everyone's eyes were on her. "Amen to that." She spoke, lightly lifting the cup in her hand before taking a sip of it. Aemond tilted his head to the side in confusion before King Viserys began speaking.

"My grandsons, Jace and Luke, will marry their cousins, Baela and Rhaena, further strengthening the bond between our houses. A toast to the Princes and their betrothed."

Everyone lifts their cups in the air and takes a sip of the liquid inside as Aelora's eyes once again met Aemond's. In embarrassment of what happened almost half an hour ago, she looked away and placed her cup down.

Another toast was given to Lucerys of being the next Lord of the Tides.

"You do know how the act is done, I assume? At least in principle? Where to put your cock and all that." Aegon spoke to Jacaerys which made Aelora clear her throat loudly as she narrowed her eyes to the back of Aegon's head.

With another statement spoken by Jacaerys, Aegon had stopped and normally sat in his chair. King Viserys pleads his kin to cease their infighting and for a time they enjoy an happy evening together.

After he sat down, Rhaenyra quickly got off of her chair and lifted her cup in the air. "I wish to raise my cup to Her Grace, the Queen. I love my father, but I must admit that no one has stood..more loyally by his side than his good wife." She spoke, her glance on Alicent.

"She has tended to him with..unfailing devotion, love, and honour. And for that, she has my gratitude..and my apology." With that, Rhaenyra sat down.

"We are both mothers..and we both love our children. We have more in common than we sometimes allow." Alicent spoke and stood up from her chair, "I raise my cup to you and to your house...You will make a fine queen."

In silence, everyone sipped their cups. Aelora glanced to her right side and to Aemond. She lifts her cup with a soft smile and drank it all. Their moment was interrupted by Jacaerys who slammed his fists against the table in anger.

Aemond took his glance off of Aelora and slowly stood up, followed by her who had noticed the tension. Jacaerys lifts his cup and toasts to his half-uncles. Aelora cocked her eyebrow towards Aemond, sending him a warning look and he sat down as she does the same.

Helaena got from her seat and wished to toast to Baela and Rhaena. "It isn't so bad. Mostly he just ignores you...except sometimes when he's drunk."

Aelora, after hearing those words sent a glare towards Aegon, feeling bad for her half-aunt. "Let us have some music." The king stated.

Jacaerys excused himself from Baela and had made his way towards Helaena, inviting her to dance which she gladly accepted. Aelora smiled to herself at the scene of her brother's kindness as Aegon glanced towards her. She lifted her eyebrows quickly and peacefully ate her food, sending Aegon a glance.

Then for a moment it was peaceful. Aelora glanced over to her grandsire who looked lovingly at the people around him. His eyes landed on the princess and Viserys smiled. Aelora noticed Viserys getting even more and more tired as she signalled to the guards to help him.

Lucerys noticed the glances his sister and Aemond shared. He didn't quite like it, but he didn't think much of it. However, when the roasted pig got placed down in front of Aemond made him remind of the past. The prank they had pulled with the pink pig. Luke chuckled and Aelora noticed it. Underneath the table, she kicks his leg softly, "Quit it." She stated.

A loud noise scattered across the room as Aemond's fist hit the table. The music stopped. Aemond stood up and raised his cup, "final tribute,"

Aelora begged him with his eyes not to cause a scene, but Aemond has had enough. "To the health of my nephews. Jace, Luke, and Joffrey." His glance met hers, but he continued. "Each of them handsome, wise," Aemond took a little pause, a small hm escaping his lips. "Strong." He finally spoke.

"Aemond," Alicent interrupted. "Come..let us drain our cups to these three.. strong boys," He taunted again. Jacaerys, who was already standing, spoke; "I dare you to say that again."

Aemond turns his glance towards his nephew, "Why? 'Twas only a compliment." Jacaerys stepped forward to his uncle as Aemond did the same, "Do you not think yourself Strong?"

Jacaerys had thrown his fist against Aemond's face which looked like it didn't affect him much. Lucerys followed, but was stopped by Aegon who slammed his face onto the table. Aelora furiously rose from her seat and grabbed Aegon from behind. She tossed him onto the other side of the room and stood protectively in front of her brother,

"Touch him again. Come on, prince," Aelora teased. Aemond swiftly pushed Jacaerys to the ground, making the guards run over to the Velaryon brothers to keep them in check. Aemond walked back with a chuckle, his mother rushing to him. "Why would you say such a thing before these people?" Alicent pulled her son aside as Aemond towers over her.

Aelora turned to her brothers and the guards that held them, "Hurt them and this will be the last night you have hands." She threatened.

"I was merely expressing how proud I am of my family, mother. Mm, thought it seems my nephews aren't quite as proud of theirs." Aemond spoke and pulled his hand away from Alicent's grip.

Jacaerys stormed his way, but Daemon had stopped him. Jacaerys listened and took multiple steps back. Daemon turned back to Aemond, surprised to see Aelora in front of her family, facing her uncle.

She shot him a warning look. She knew Aemond and he knew Aelora and her temper. The Princess kept a stern face, making Aemond rethink his actions. Everybody could feel the tension that had risen between the two, but none of them questioned anything.

Aemond walked past her, keeping his mouth closed. A soft exhale escaped her as she closed her eyes and turned to her mother, "I'll escort Jace and Luke to their chambers, mother."