Childhood: Sana

Sana's Mother tells the six-year-old girl of her real father.

"Really, mama? Why did he leave?" Sana sniffles, tears filling his eyes.

"I left, Sana. I already told you, it was better for me to return to your stepdad. And you know, he beat me for it, I wish I never had you, much less your siblings. All this stress is killing me." The mother sternly told Sana, rubbing her temples as she did.

"Okay," Sana cries, running up to her shared room with Amber, with another heartbroken story.

~ Another memory

"STOP CRYING!! YOU ARE WAKING YOUR SISTER UP!!" Sana's stepfather reached over to the top bunk bed and covered Sana's mouth.

"YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO BREATHE IF YOU DON'T QUIET NOW!" {Redacted} N'Diaye told his wife's mistake child, forcing his dirty hands over the crying child's mouth.

The child proceeded to cry louder, unable to calm down or breathe, and therefore, cried louder/

This was a, daily, or weekly, occurrence.

The girl had many nightmares, and no one to tame it, nor her.

~ Another memory

Sana, the heartbrokenly, scared girl, went into her stay-at-home stepfather's room, where he shared with her mother, in the middle of the night. There laid him, snoring loudly, alone without his wife, who was at work.

The child kept crying, unable to have company, not wanting to sleep in her sister's shared room, and the father wouldn't wake. Therefore, her crying continued, but.. within the hours, where he still would not wake.. this would continue, until he would wake.

He would wake, and give the child another reason to grow up depressed, heartbroken, discouraged, and unable to speak of these threateningly unspoken feelings. Ones that would wrap her up, likely for her life.

~ Another memory

Sana felt horrible, unable to socialize at this family reunion, as the families of the N'Diaye, Davis, Bourgeois, and Agreste's spoke to one another; including Charlene and {Redacted}, and Gabriel and Emilie Agreste.

The little girl peeped out of a door's corner, leading to the room where children played. Two were older, their names Amber and Riley, the former being 7, and the latter being 10. The other children would be, Chloe Bourgeois, a blonde headed girl, with another blonde-head, Adrien Agreste, and lastly, Felix, the boy's cousin.

The girl is sniffling, unincluded, like with every other of these family reunions. Her eyes are red, and she's with a headache.

The five children within the room look at the girl at the doorway. By now, the girl's siblings are used to this, but, however the three other children feel sympathetic towards the girl who they did, actually, want to include.

"Hey! There she is! Sana, come play with us." Chloe urged, giving a wide grin.

Felix and Adrien wait there, wide eyes, as they look to see what the girl will do with the invitation. Meanwhile, Amber continues onward from looking at her half-sister, back down to her pencils and paper, while Riley looks at Sana, and sighs.

"Just come over here, Sana. It's fine." Riley speaks in a high-pitched child's voice, nonchalant as can possibly be.

Sana waddles over, with her feet hurting.

"AHH!!" Chloe shriek-screeches, pointing down to the little girls feet.

Amber and Riley look over, along with the other children, as they look to where Chloe was pointing. The sisters sigh, with the normal occurrence, at least to them, and their parents, of course.