The Moment: Meeting Marinette

~ Scene: Agreste's Mansion Entrance ~

"Hahaa!" The woman giggles annoyingly, placing a hand on the man's shoulder, the man who stands by his teenage son. "Yes," the woman continues, "we decided that Sana here will find some things to do, like modelling, acting, and I think it would perfect for her to duo with Adrien." Charlene N'Diaye suggested, placing a fake empathetic and happy smile on her face, as she plants a hand on her daughter's shoulder.

A hand which made her daughter shiver with disdain.

"Of course, that would be just perfect, Charlene." Gabriel Agreste firmly nods, gesturing his son forward. "Adrien, if you remember, this is Sana. You've met at family reunions, as it happens." 

Adrien takes a step forward, giving a curious and empathetic gaze to Sana's silently quivering one. The emerald-eyed boy can clearly spot her glittering gaze, but, he doesn't mention it for her sake. He holds out his hand for a shake. "Pleased to meet you again, Sana."

The girl shakes it, getting more conflicted by the second, and the thunder crashes outside of the nearby glass window.

~ Scene: outside into the rain ~

Sana runs outside, her tears flying behind her, trying to continue her 'smile', as she pulls down her black cap over her tearful gaze. She pulls out her phone, dreading the date, August 8th.

Because, this was when her school was starting.

The rain poured down on her, along with onto the passerbys, as they ran for shelter; but the girl ran for a different reason; so to escape.

~ Scene: outside of Tom and Sabine's Boulangerie ~

The girl clutches her purse, swinging the bakery door open, with a heavy and shaky sigh. And with that, came the bakery's welcoming bell to chime in greeting.

A short woman with similarly short, dark blue hair, Sabine Cheng, looks over from the counter and to the front door, and there, she spots a girl soaked in rain.

Sabine hurriedly rushes over the dripping girl. "Are you okay, dear?" She worriedly asks, tilting her head in concern, as she places a comfortingly warm hand behind Sana's back.

The girl covers her stuffed nose, squeaking out a raspy "I don't know."

The girl recoils from the woman's touch, feeling fear and retraction, worried this random woman will judge her for her pathetic appearance. After all, isn't the girl disgustingly emotional?

The kind woman, Sabine, grasps the young lady's hand, leading her over to the front counter, just as her husband, Tom, walks from behind the counter. His mouth drops open, in a worried fashion, as Sabine gives him a worry filled look.

"Tom, can you bag a few pastries for this girl?" Sabine softly asks, giving him a look, and with that, drags the reluctantly hesitant but obedient girl over to take a seat.

"Sure, darling." Tom calls, giving a sympathetic and a pitiful moment's gaze to the young lady, who appears, obviously, downhearted and with something wrong. Even without knowing what it would possibly be, he begins to fill a bakery bag filled with fulfilling treats; ones he hopes to make this young lady smile upon.

Sabine pats the girls back, gently pushing her to take a seat. "Don't worry, young lady, I'll just be a moment."

The woman raises her stance, and walks over to the counter, raising her hands high, as Tom hands his wife the pastries, and the together two walk over to Sana's sitting figure, with a pitiful smile upon their faces.

"Take this. On the house," Tom remarks, placing the bag into Sana's hands, and tucking it within them.

Sana looks up, trying to show appreciation from beneath her cap, but she quickly realizes and averts her gaze. "Tha-thank you.." She mumbles, voice clearly raspy from crying.

With that, the couple sympathetically wave behind the girl, as she warily walks up to the front door, pushing it open to the rain, as she shields her pastry bag with her cap. Well, it went better then she would have expected--coming to the bakery, she thought--

"Ahh!" A yelp is heard, as Sana bumps figures with another, leading her stumbling back and to rub her chin in momentary agonizing pain.

A dark blue haired girl paired with blue-bell eyes had just smacked her forehead straight into Sana's jaw, as her palm slaps her forehead with a comforting rub, before her eyes snap open.

"Huh?!" The blue-bell girl, looked up in alarming shock, as she saw the looming figure over her, with a black cap.

"Ahh!! I am so- so sorry!" The clumsy girl searches around, of course after eyeing the figure to make sure it wasn't an alien/monster, focusing in the background to eye her parents, silently pleading for assistance in this clumsy occurrence she faced (and caused). She then turns back to the girl, "Are you okay?"

At this point, the girl's parents, Tom and Sabine, have come over, and Sana steps out of the way, her cap facing down. The dark-blue's eyes follow the hazel ones, and, being notably shorter than this stranger of a girl, can snap a vision of the cap-girl's eyes.

The ocean-themed eyes widen, and their owner concludes with a thought. "Is she.. crying? Did I hurt her that bad? Oh my- Marinette! You-"

Tom's hand places onto his daughter's shoulder, giving a silent shake of their head to their child. "Marinette, how about you go grab another bag of pastries for the girl?" Sabine suggests, offering a small smile as she gestures to the fallen pastries.

Which, apparently, had belonged to the crying girl, the guilty (because she led to the downfall of these delicious pastries and should be in jail) girl concluded.

Marinette, the guilty blue-haired girl, followed her parents' suggestion and walked over to fill the bag of pastries.

"AHh!!" Sana looks up at the counter, at the sound of a yelp, which was the effect of the bakers' apparent daughter, who had pinched her own hand with the tongs, painfully.

But, Marinette is able to finish the mission, and she proudly forwards up to the store front, and her gaze switches to an empathetic one.

"Here you go- uh?" Marinette holds out the bag to Sana, quizzing for a name.

Marinette's parents each place a hand on her shoulder, as to say 'don't push it, sweetheart'.

"Sa-Sana. Sana." The black-cap girl replies, ever so gently taking her bag of newfound pastries.

"Well, Sana. I hope- assure, you, things will get better." Marinette's sympathetically empathetic gaze assures, as she stands by her parents.

"Thank you.. uh-" Sana stops in her track as she pushes and holds the door open, the rain pattering on her head.

"Marinette." Marinette names herself.

"Thank you, three." Sana's raspy voice mutters, and with that, she goes into the streets, giving a sad smile at the prize she won.

Food, and better yet, they were delicious pastries.