The Bet: Chapter 3

Emily's POV

Emily, Reid and Morgan were just laughing about Reid's and Morgan's first date till she had a feeling that someone was watching could feel eyes on her and it didn't scare her it made her feel safe. She looked around but couldn't see anybody she knew. Morgan saw this.

" Emily what is it?"

" I don't know it feels like someone is watching me."

"Is that a good thing"

Reid knew it was JJ cause he saw her walking in and her eyes fell on knew that JJ didn't see him watching watched her stalk over to them, he couldn't help but think deep down that JJ loves Emily.

"Hey Emily"

Emily, Morgan and Reid looked up, they looked up JJ was standing there.

Emily couldn't breath, she didn't know what to do cause there was the person she had hopelessly fallen in love with.

"JJ why don't you join us, and have a drink" asks Morgan.

Emily shot her head up and saw Morgan smiling.

JJ pulled out the empty chair and sat down.

"What were you guys talking about"

"hmmm nothing JJ, hey Reid care to dance baby?"

Reid nodded, he got up and grab Morgan's hand. The both men got up.

"Sorry ladies but the D-man needs some loving from his Pretty boy"

Morgan wink ant them but mostly at Emily. He turned around and left with his genius boy.

JJ sat there stunned wondering what the hell was that. Emily just took another shot of jacks.

" Umm what was that about?"

" I think that was Morgan telling you that Reid and Himself are officially a couple"

" What really, that's great I'm happy for them."

" JJ, I thought you were going to the room. You said you were super tired after the case."

JJ mentions, "I had gone to the room but I couldn't sleep. I was still thinking about the case and what happened, you know, you getting kidnapped and all."

Emily says, "I know that this case was hard and you and all and I am sorry if I made you worry too much. Honestly JJ I don't put you in that position on purpose."

JJ suggests, "All I ask as that you be more careful you have been my best friend since the day I saw you in Hotch's office ."

There was a moment of silence. Emily was thinking of the right way to phrase that she likes JJ as more than just a friend.

Emily was about to just come right out and say it when JJ's phone rang.

JJ saw that it was Will and picked up.

Will says, "Hey JJ, Henry wants to say goodnight."

Will handed the phone to Henry

"Hey mom."

"Hey my big boy how was your day?"

Emily heard her say Will and her heart broke in two. How could she have been so stupid, as long he was in her life she would always see her as just a friend.

As JJ's conversation goes on she hears JJ said Will again meaning that Henery must have handed the phone back to Will.

JJ says, "I love you too. kiss him goodnight for me."

Morgan and Reid came back from dancing and noticed that the mood had change.

She took a couple sips and threw some bills on the table.

To Morgan and Reid, since JJ was still on the phone she says

"I am going to go back up to my room. I am kind of tired. Could you tell JJ for me."

Morgan saw the tears about to spill from Emily's eyes

"Yeah, but what happened?"

Emily looked over at JJ

"Nothing important."

Then she gets up and walks up to her hotel room.

When JJ gets off the phone she asks

"Where did Emily go?"

Reid shook his head, he just wanted them to be together.

"Up to the room. She said she was tired."

"Oh."

The three of them talk a little then they to turn in for the night.

The next day they all board the jet JJ grabs Morgan by the arm

"Emily has been ignoring me since she left the bar last night. Do you think you could figure out why?"

"Yeah, no problem."

As they get settled in the Jet Dave, Hotch, and JJ sit in one section playing a game of poker while Morgan, Reid and Emily were in the other section. Emily was listening to her music, when Morgan nudged her. she took off her headphones and Morgan started,

"You totally chickened out of telling JJ last night."

Emily lower her head, Reid just stared at her.

"You promised you would. A bet is a bet."

Emily shot her head up, she looked right at Reid and at Morgan.

"It is kind of hard to tell her how I really feel with Will still in the picture.

Emily just took at breath, this is the hardest part to say.

"I heard her say I love you to Will last night. That is why I left."

Morgan looks at Emily, he saw tears starting to spill from her eyes.

Morgan moved over to Emily, he wraps her arms around her.

"Emily, you know that Will is just the father to Henry, JJ does not think of him as more."

Emily smriked a little, the started to cry even more.

"Well that is hard to believe and I am very unconvinced with the conversation that I over heard last night."

JJ looked over where Emily was, the scene she saw broke her heart.

There was Morgan, he has his arm around Emily was she crying?

JJ didn't know what was going on with Emily.

When the plane landed everyone went their separated ways.